Olivera vs. Kang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olivera vs. Kang

Who would you rather have for this year and the next two?

That's a very hard question to answer, as we don't know squat about either of them yet. We have "educated" guesses from talking sports heads, but very little empirical evidence for or against either.
    Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by scottw View Post
      That's a very hard question to answer, as we don't know squat about either of them yet. We have "educated" guesses from talking sports heads, but very little empirical evidence for or against either.
      Yep, and still decisions will have to be made at drafts and auctions across the country this weekend.

Comment

Gimme Olivera. I trust his hit tool and Kang's raw power. That's about it. If I had to throw projections on them I'd say full season numbers of .280-16hr for Olivera and .230-25hr for Kang.

Both will probably have good multi-position eligibility. Neither has a clear path to playing time this year. I think Olivera's is clearer next year than Kang's. The elbow issue clouds Olivera's status a fair bit though.

Comment

I'd say Olivera, the Cubans have a good track record coming over here and performing well. Korea ball is a total unknown, and Kang is struggling mightily in ST...but he may have an clause that says that he can't be sent down. Either way, I'd take Olivera and not look back...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
          X