Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Position battles

Where will Alex Guerrero play? 3B?
    Are Jace Peterson and Devon Travis locked in at 2B? Which would you prefer?
    Is Marcus Semien an every day SS?
    Is Kevin Kiermaier the next Jauan Legares or Anthony Gose? Is he better than that? Which of the three do you like best as a fantasy player?

Who else has pushed for significantly more playing time in camp? Which are doing it with a bat and which with a glove?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Is Evan Marshall the next closer in AZ?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

According to John Lott of the National Post, Devon Travis "would appear to have an edge" on the Blue Jays' Opening Day second base gig.
      Maicer Izturis had been the frontrunner, but he suffered a groin strain last week and will begin the regular season on the disabled list. That leaves Travis and Ryan Goins in the competition for the job. Travis, acquired from the Tigers this winter for outfielder Anthony Gose, batted .298/.358/.460 with 10 home runs and 16 stolen bases in 100 games last season at Double-A Erie and boasts a .941 OPS through 41 plate appearances this spring. He's a fantasy sleeper-RotoWorld

Comment

Yasmani Tomas' bat appears to be losing to Yasmani Tomas' glove at 3B.

Comment

In the Pirates SS battle, it looks like Jordy Mercer is holding off Jung Ho Kang for now at least.

from pirates.mlb.com:
          "Seven hits in his last 11 at-bats raised Mercer's spring average to .294 through Sunday. Concurrently, Kang is hitless in his last 11 at-bats, with seven strikeouts, and overall was batting .130 (3-for-23) through Sunday."

"Don't make the mistake of overreacting to Kang's current predicament: Days ago, he shut himself off from the media to "refocus" on baseball, and he has essentially become invisible as he works on various things."
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            Yasmani Tomas' bat appears to be losing to Yasmani Tomas' glove at 3B.
            It's a serious problem when the ball comes off your glove harder than it does off your bat.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              It's a serious problem when the ball comes off your glove harder than it does off your bat.
              nicely played...coffee cleanup keyboard #3.

Comment

1B about a SS, "I can't be seen with a .250 hitter.
                SS, when he heard about, "It's OK. I shouldn't be seen with a .250 fielder.

Supposedly true, though I have no idea which players.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  In the Pirates SS battle, it looks like Jordy Mercer is holding off Jung Ho Kang for now at least.

from pirates.mlb.com:
                  "Seven hits in his last 11 at-bats raised Mercer's spring average to .294 through Sunday. Concurrently, Kang is hitless in his last 11 at-bats, with seven strikeouts, and overall was batting .130 (3-for-23) through Sunday."

"Don't make the mistake of overreacting to Kang's current predicament: Days ago, he shut himself off from the media to "refocus" on baseball, and he has essentially become invisible as he works on various things."
                  Local sports radio talk tonight was centered around debate on whether Kang needs everyday at bats in AAA to solve his hitting woes. There is speculation that Kang's contract has a clause preventing him from being sent down. Stay tuned.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X