Mixed League Keeper Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixed League Keeper Assistance

Let me start off by saying the inflation in this league is ridiculous due to some silly keeper rules. I bought Tanaka at 50 last year and Heyward somewhere in the 40s, so top(ish) players will go for big bucks. However, lesser players will go for small amounts since people will blow their wads chasing a few key pieces and so few slots to fill. Last year two of us kept 12 and 14 players (out of 23 slots) and others thought we were crazy keeping ONLY that many. Of course I took an 11th place team that I took over and got it up to 5th.

So, I can keep as many as I want as long as I have a slot for them and I stay under $260. Since my guys don't add up to anything near $260...

Slots are: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3xOF, 2xUT, 2xSP, 2xRP, 4xP, 5 bench...we also have 3 DL slots, so early injuries I can deal with...or just stash a player for the year there.

Who would you keep? *-Are near definite for me

C.Gonzalez-46
    Bruce-27
    Werth-15
    *C.Santana-9 (yahoo league, C eligible)
    *C.Gomez-8
    Trumbo-4
    Byrd-3
    Craig-3
    A.Guerrero-3
    Hamilton-3
    *Harrison-3
    Marisnick-3
    *Rollins-3

Tanaka-60
    Verlander-9
    *J.Zimmerman-7
    *Chapman-4
    *Robertson-4
    *Shields-4
    Hutchison-3
    *McHugh-3
    Roark-3
    Simon-3
    J.Smith-3

I'm iffy on all the rest but Bruce, Hamilton, Marisnick, and Tanaka. I feel I can get any of them back cheaper, if I want. Gonzo could go for his salary or more at auction.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

I would probably keep Carlos Gonzalez. I assume this is 12 teams? Ridiculously high replacement level, liberal DL rules, high inflation... it's basically the league that's made for him. I agree with the rest. I wouldn't assume J-Hey is a starter but he's worth keeping since you have 5 bench spots and he gives you a ton of flexibility. I would keep Billy Hamilton at 3 but I am assuming that's Josh.

Comment

Trumbo for 4 is a no-brainer. I also like byrd for 3.

Comment

Yeah Josh... Not Billy. I wish.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
        X