NL only pitching help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL only pitching help.

NL only 5x5 keeper $260 budget. B contracts are done after this year or can be extended at $5 per year.

Here is my staff. I can go as is and grab 3 end game pitchers one $3 and two $1. I can cut Greinke and bid Scherzer for about $40, or Bumgarner ??? or Lester $30? I do not think Greinke goes cheaper and maybe more. I can replace one of these with a $6 Gee or just add him and only buy 2 pitchers? Or I can take one more decent pitcher if around 10 bucks.

Greinke 35B

Tyson Ross 10B

Brandon McCarthy 4B

Vance Worley 8 done

Matt Garza 7B

Craig Kimbrel 12 done

La Troy Hawkins 8A

Right now I am leaning towards just staying as is and going with the cheap end game pitchers. I would give no extensions.

Thoughts?

Thank you.

Worley doesn't even have a guaranteed spot. I'd toss him for Gee. I'd rather have Scherzer for 40-42 than Grienke for 35 if you think that's realistic. Man I hate keeping Hawkins for 8 but I can see why you would. I assume 12 teams?

Comment

Worley would be gone but I hate the guy. gee has to be a better option. I like Greinke, But Scherzer should dominate in the NL and like JC says, would be worth the 40+
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen.

It is a 12 team very deep.

All of the real closers are being kept. There are none to bid on.

On draft day we get one mulligan. That means we can take back a player we dropped, drop a player we don't want, or do both drop and bring back as one move. So I can wait until auction day to decide on Greinke or even Worley.

JC, Would you keep Worley if he is the starter (GITH has already declared he doesn't like him)?
        Last edited by Gregg; 03-19-2015, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X