Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will you throw out first in auction leagues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will you throw out first in auction leagues?

Ryno84MVP's post in another thread got me to thinking. So I thought we might have some fun with this.

Who will be your first name nominated for auction?

In the other post Ryno said he would throw out Darvish. I think that is a great idea.

I was planning on throwing out Samardzija as pitching is very thin and he should take big bucks off the table.

I'm leaning Scherzer, Price, or Wainwright because they are the only stud SPs available and I have Felix, Stras and Carrasco. I was also considering Bryant but I've decided I might go after him. If I decide on nominating a hitter it'll probably be Carlos Gonzalez because the runner-up last year kept him at $48 so it'll be fun to rub it in.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

High risk players like CarGo, Tulo, and Josh Hamilton are fun to throw out early just to see if anyone will overspend. Last year i was that guy as i purchased CarGo for $56 (ouch). I may also nominate ARod early.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

In a 12 team AL Only league I will be the last owner to throw out a player. By then the huge names will be gone so I will rely on league dynamics. The league LOVES rookies and better yet hyped rookies. Rookies have been known to go for $10 or more over their perceived value. So I think I may throw out Stephen Souza. Fresh from the Nationals so no one has previously owned him and I am not overly interested in. He went for $16 in PONY so I would love to see him top $20 which with this group is entirely possible.
        Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
        Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

I will throw Josmil Pinto in my AL-only league, for reasons which should be all too obvious.

Comment

It depends on where I sit. The defending champ throws out the first bid, and subsequent throws go clockwise around the table. If I have one of the first few throws, it will be someone I want, as our league tends to be cautious with the first few bids; if I am later in the round, it won't be. I am thinking David Wright in the latter case (about half the league is Mets fans.)
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I like throwing out a useful player who I can get cheap because everyone else is saving their money, and the spot, for a better player.

Comment

A-Rod

Comment

Geoff Blum

Comment

Depends on where I am in the rotation and if I have purchased anyone yet -- but likely George Springer in the first round.
                    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Otter View Post
                      Geoff Blum
                      I am pretty sure Steve is keeping him.

Comment

Yasmany Tomas or and injured player like Hunter Pence.

In leagues where I am set with closers, I like to throw out a #2 option early. If I didn't already own him, Ottavino would be perfect. Those guys NEVER go cheap when you throw them out early. If you throw him out late-game, he goes for $4-$6. Throw him early and he goes for $11-$13, plus the guy that gets him now MUST get Latroy Hawkins and you can bid him up for a few bucks on him. So maybe he pays $25 for both Ottavino and Hawkins which is, essentially, ONE closer overpaid, and two pitcher spots taken on a position I don't need. That's a win.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          In the other post Ryno said he would throw out Darvish. I think that is a great idea.
                          In one of my leagues, in their Tommy John season, Strasburg went for $14 early and then Wainwright went late for $4, it's all about timing.

Also, last year, someone paid $19 for Matt Harvey, too rich for my blood, even if I'm rebuilding.

Comment

DMT's wife.....
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                              I will throw Josmil Pinto in my AL-only league, for reasons which should be all too obvious.
                              Umm...why?

Comment

Working...
                              X