Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Player's Performance Do You Think Will Spike in 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Player's Performance Do You Think Will Spike in 2015?

Last year we saw performance spikes from Corey Kluber, Michael Brantley and Jose Altuve among others. What player(s) do you think will make a big jump in 2015?

AJ Pollock headlines my list.

Comment

Derek Jeter. Without all that pesky baseball getting in the way, he can focus on his gift basket business full time.

Comment

George Springer. Especially in stolen bases. I'm thinking that a 30/30 season is a very good possibility. If he could just cut down on the k's a little and lift his batting average he could end up in the MVP discussion. Of course he has to stay healthy all year too.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Revo - Are you going to do your own post on this like in the past years?
          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
            Revo - Are you going to do your own post on this like in the past years?
            No, unfortunately I don't have time for it this year. Onejayhawk started a community-based thread on it last week, but it didn't get a lot of participation yet.

Comment

Ken Giles, Phillies - Everyone knows this one. Even with Papelbon as the closer for the Phillies Ken Giles is still a very good MR option. Once or if Papelbon is traded the Giles steps in as the closer for the Phillies. Still as a MR/setup man we will give you good ratios and good amount of Ks.
              Last edited by Piney Boy; 03-20-2015, 03:44 PM.
              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Leonys Martin - if you look at his whole pro career, he's gotten better at every higher level after some time. I think he makes the next step this season to his ML levels of .290-.300, 12-16 HRs to go with his 30+ SBs.

Comment

Anthony Gose... You heard it here first.

Comment

Great thread!!! Can any followup posters please put the players team by their name? For us only leagues, some of these deep players from the other league I do not know them.

So being in an AL only league, I have no idea who AJ Pollock is. So I have to look him up to see if he is some deep AL sleeper or not.

I like going after a few post hype rookie players in their 2nd year. Nick Castellanos DET and Brad Miller SEA will be on my radar is they are not protected.

Comment

TJ House, Indians. Going with another Indians pitcher to have a good year. He cut down his walk rate last year, 7 Ks, 2 walks per 9 helping him to a 1.50 ERA in 25 September innings. It is carrying over into spring - 12 Ks, 1 walk in 12 innings so far.

Comment

Brandon Moss. Moving from one of the worst to one of the better parks for left handed power. Could be hitting behind two strong OBP guys in Brantley and Santana. If he stays healthy, 35HR 100RBI.

Comment

Working...
                        X