A fistful of prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fistful of prospects

How would you guys rank these five, with an emphasis on 2015.

Rusney Castillo
    Michael Taylor
    Kyle Schwarber
    Alex Guerrero
    James Taillon
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Castillo
    ------
    Taylor
    Schwarber
    ------
    Taillon
    Guerrero

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Castillo
      ------
      Taylor
      Schwarber
      ------
      Taillon
      Guerrero
      That's exactly how I have them ranked too, just wanted to hear other opinions, thanks!
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Comment

Castillo
        ------
        Taylor
        Schwarber
        ------
        Taillon
        Guerrero
        I agree with this. Taylor should be starting on day one due to injuries. I hope he starts out hot and starts his monster career in a few weeks.

Comment

Taylor at #2 for me as well - he'll get PT in April with Span out, Weth has a questionable shoulder, and Harper could try and destroy a wall and lose at any moment.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Taylor at #2 for me as well - he'll get PT in April with Span out, Weth has a questionable shoulder, and Harper could try and destroy a wall and lose at any moment.
            Yeah, if not for the heavy focus on 2015 I would put Schwarber 2nd, but Span is hurt, Werth is hurt and Harper likes to run into stuff. Taylor could be a .240 15/15 guy this year.

Comment

Yeah, if not for the heavy focus on 2015 I would put Schwarber 2nd, but Span is hurt, Werth is hurt and Harper likes to run into stuff. Taylor could be a .240 15/15 guy this year.
              In 250 ABs.

Comment

Yea this is a sim league I'm in with ironfist, fresno bob, stephen, and heyelander. None of these guys are eligible this year and they need at least 250 ABs (or 10 GS) to be eligible next year. We only get 5 reserve spots and I'm going to have to cut a couple of the prospects. Niese, Beltran, Broxton, and Affeldt also in the mix but ineligible players (i.e., the five I inquired about) can't be re-acquired once I cut them so I'm going to try to hold on to them as long as possible. I had Calhoun and Dickerson last year but cut them both...doh.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

I agree with Eld D about Schwarber outclassing Taylor by a wide margin with his bat, but Taylor has a legit shot at 250 ABs, I think. His defense is so good, if the ABs are there due to injury, he will get them. He helps them in the field enough that they can ride out his cold streaks at the plate. He also does have some speed and pop, and those numbers will accumulate with the ABs, even if his BA sucks. So if 2015 is weighted heavily, I could see rolling the dice on Taylor. Long Term i'd take Schwarber over him and Castillo.

Comment

Yea you guys are reading it right. By emphasis, I meant that's it doubtful I'd keep any of them if they are ineligible unless they absolutely crush it this year. We get 14 keepers and only a double fistful of prospects were kept this year (Bryant, Buxton, Appel, Urias , Syndergaard, Franco, Baez, Walker, Sanchez, Russell).
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

I'd go with "It just doesn't matter" myself! Doubtful that any of those guys are going to outvalue actual MLB talent you have on your roster, especially since I see you as one of the better teams
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

i agree with the rankings...

I've got an open ineligible spot.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Castillo
                          ------
                          Taylor
                          Schwarber
                          ------
                          Taillon
                          Guerrero
                          I'd go with this ranking but move Guerrero up one. LA's going to trade him somewhere and his bat seems decent enough.
                          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            i agree with the rankings...

I've got an open ineligible spot.
                            Clear out your PMs
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                            X