questions about prospects starting on the 25-man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about prospects starting on the 25-man

what are the chances that the following prospects start in the majors on opening day?

kris bryant
    trevor may
    garin cecchini
    alex meyer
    maikel franco

it makes a small difference in our auction coming up sunday, so i'd appreciate the opinion of the 'pen.
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

I think franco is low
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Bryant is almost surely a no, by waiting just a couple of weeks, the Cubs get an extra year of his services. They'd be fools to not to take advantage of that...

I'm guessing that Meyer makes the club, but May does not...
      Last edited by Hornsby; 03-17-2015, 06:59 AM.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Yeah, Bryant is probably a 1% chance to break camp. Same with Cecchini, barring Panda breaking his ankle in the next 2 weeks. Trevor May is a guy who I can see breaking camp pretty easily. Meyer could go either way - he's already 25, so the extra year of control isn't as interesting. I think Franco could go either way too but right now I'd say the odds are he goes down for a couple weeks.

Comment

Alex Meyer is most likely, followed by May, very slim on Cecchini or Franco, and asymptotically approaching zero on Bryant
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

thanks all.
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

No matter where Hector Olivera signs, is it now safe to assume that he will start the season in the minors?

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                I hadn't assumed that. Why do you say that, out of curiosity?

Edit: Oh, probably because he'll have missed a significant portion of spring training, right? That's actually a good point (if it was your point, lol).
                Or because if he is in the minors he can't be bid on at the auction?

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Oh, probably because he'll have missed a significant portion of spring training, right? That's actually a good point (if it was your point, lol).
                  Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Or because if he is in the minors he can't be bid on at the auction?
                  Yes and Yes. I'm trying to get an idea of who is going to be available to me in the first round of our NL reserve draft (and it sounds like he's NL bound, ATL, SD or LAD)

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                    Yes and Yes. I'm trying to get an idea of who is going to be available to me in the first round of our NL reserve draft (and it sounds like he's NL bound, ATL, SD or LAD)
                    I wouldn't be 100% shocked if Tomas goes down for a couple weeks to work on some things. I wouldn't count on it but I wouldn't be shocked.

Comment

What pick do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        What pick do you have?
                        Picking fourth, with Addison Russell, Kyle Schwarber and Jameson Taillon available (from the top prospects)

Comment

Picking fourth, with Addison Russell, Kyle Schwarber and Jameson Taillon available (from the top prospects)
                          So if Hector Olivera is in the minors does that mean he can't be bid on and falls to the reserve round draft picks?

That means given your list that you would get Taillon.

Comment

Franco was sent down today.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Meyer was sent down yesterday for the Twins...
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X