HDID - mixed draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDID - mixed draft

First auction yesterday of 4 this year! mixed 5x5 with 12 teams and daily transactions with no pitching limits. Forgetting about what I spent, how does this team look from a general competition/weakness standpoint to you? (keepers marked with a *). Overall I think I didnt go young enough, but looking forward to reading your opinions - thanks!

C- Chirinos, Salty (yeah I know, but im a dollar catcher guy
    1B- Miggy
    2B- Kipnis
    SS- Alexi Ramirez*
    3B- David Wright
    MI- Alcides Escobar*
    CI- Trumbo
    OF- Melky*, Ozuna*, Cruz*, Holliday, Pollock
    U- Plouffe, Beltran
    Bench- Bonifacio (panicked last pick - gonna drop him for a different steals guy first faab run)
    SP- Greinke*, Ryu*, Smyly*, Lackey, Anibal, CJ Wilson + bench: Hammel, Burnett, Elias, Hudson
    RP: Benoit*, Jansen*, Perkins, Giles

My first thoughts are that I like your keeper list much better than what you bought at auction. Part of that is that I am not as big of a Miggy fan as most on this site. I am not willing to pay the freight to get him. I personally never have him in my top 4 or 5.

I do like the Kipnis and Pollock buys. I also like your pitching staff for this year.

You already know this team is kind of old and slow. You already said you will be addressing the slow part. I am not sure what you do with the old part except hope they don't get hurt.

It still is a competitive team that you should have some fun with. A little in season tinkering and you could be very competitive.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X