How did I Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did I Do?

Just did my first auction for the year. It’s an NL only, 11 team, NON-KEEPER league. 23 man roster with a six man bench that was done with a snake order draft after the auction. All players on an NL team are eligible at the auction (during year they have to be on the MLB roster for faab). How did I do?

C Miguel Montero 10
    C Francisco Cervelli 3
    1B Lucas Duda 17
    2B Howie Kendrick 17
    3B Yangervis Solarte 1
    SS Javier Baez 14
    2B/SS Joe Panik 6
    1B/3B Michael Morse 13
    OF Giancarlo Stanton 37
    OF Billy Hamilton 25
    OF Marcell Ozuna 21
    OF Dexter Fowler 11
    OF David Peralta 4
    UTIL Andre Ethier 1
    P Jon Lester 20
    P Jake Arrieta 14
    P Steve Cishek 20
    P Tony Watson 5
    P John Lackey 4
    P A.J. Burnett 5
    P Kevin Quackenbush 5
    P Tony Cingrani 5
    P Brandon Morrow 1

RESERVE-
    C ANDREW SUSAC, SF
    SS JP CRAWFORD, PHI
    1B/OF JOHN MAYBERRY, NYM
    RP JASON MOTTE, CHI
    1B TYLER MOORE, WAS
    SP AARON NOLA, PHI

notes-big guns tend to go for value to slightly above early on with great deals at the end. Closers are at a premium as nobody usually can afford to trade them.
    mccutchen 38
    kris Bryant 16
    a rendon 31
    puig 31
    goldy 37
    votto 25
    kemp 25
    dee Gordon 24
    tulo 30
    c Gomez 35
    braun 27
    Kershaw 36
    kimbrel 24
    chapman 23
    benoit 21
    frod 18

I think you did pretty good but not great. Your outfield seems to make up for your offensive shortcomings but I think you'll still come up short in power. Watson and Quackenbush seem to be a little overpriced at $5 each but Lackey at $4 is a steal and Morrow at $1 could be huge. As of now I see your team as 3rd/4th place but there's enough upside for you to win the whole thing.

Comment

Thanks. Watson was supposed to be four but it doesn't matter (right when I clicked on the bid up it changed on me). Like I said, closers are at a premium in this league and that gets passed along to set up guys because of the need to take a chance on them. I think I am good in everything but average. It was apparent I was going to take a hit there pretty early on.

Comment

I like the team a lot and think it has a good chance to compete (without seeing the others). To win it you are going to have to have production out of Baez. I am not sure in a non-keeper league I would have went to $14 this year on him. If he comes through for you it should be very interesting.

Good luck.

Comment

Balanced in terms of risk but not enough horsepower (playing time an issue among other considerations, but mostly need more oomph). Example: would rather see two $1 catchers and buy Dee Gordon at $24 vs Baez.

Comment

Lester seems like a great buy. What did some of the other aces go for?

Comment

Max S 29
              mad bum 22 (I would have gone 23 but I had taken Lester already)
              cueto 21
              strasburg 27
              wainwright 18
              j Zimmerman 20
              teheran 17
              shields 18

Comment

Wow. Would kill for those prices!

Agree that Lester looks like a good buy.

Comment

at a glance, looks like a possible contender but needs breakouts - Duda, Baez, Fowler, Quackenbush

the more experienced and balanced this league is, the better you did.....
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                  X