Kuechel, Duda, or Morse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kuechel, Duda, or Morse

14 team mixed points league. Who would you keep out of Keuchel $5, Duda $5, or Morse $1.

Edit: I'm set at the corner, so Duda or mOrse would be on my bench, but I feel he has the most value. I am thin at pitching, but Keuchel's lack of Ks scare me.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-14-2015, 03:59 PM.

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    14 team mixed points league. Who would you keep out of Keuchel $5, Duda $5, or Morse $1.

Edit: I'm set at the corner, so Duda or mOrse would be on my bench, but I feel he has the most value. I am thin at pitching, but Keuchel's lack of Ks scare me.
    I've never played in a points league, so I don't understand the nuances in value differences, but I like them in this order:

Morse: For only a buck, that's a lot of power potential, especially if you are deep enough to have room on your bench when he gets injured. He could easily hit 15 HRs in half a season. And hitting behind Stanton gives him more RBI opportunities. For $1, I don't see how you pass that up. I'm not sure how your league manages it, but he has OF eligibility too.

Duda: Big HR numbers. I'm not totally sold on him, but for such a reasonable price, the risk is mitigated. I think I like him better than Morse (it's close), but the $4 difference bumps Morse for me.

Keuchel: I like him, but that lack of Ks will hurt you. Plus, in a 14-team mixed, there will be TONS of pitching available. TONS. Don't overpay (and $5 is a bit of an overpay) for a low-K starter. You can find comparable stats for less, or in the FA pool.

Comment

What is the budget?

Assuming somewhere near a regular budget of $260.

I take Duda over Morse but Morse over Keuchel.

Comment

Just got an offer of Leake $2 for Morse. Where does Leake rank among these guys? Edit: I own Morse and Duda right now. Had an offer of Keuchel for either. Now I have an offer of Leake for either.
        Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-14-2015, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          What is the budget?

Assuming somewhere near a regular budget of $260.

I take Duda over Morse but Morse over Keuchel.
          $400 budget.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
            I've never played in a points league, so I don't understand the nuances in value differences, but I like them in this order:

Morse: For only a buck, that's a lot of power potential, especially if you are deep enough to have room on your bench when he gets injured. He could easily hit 15 HRs in half a season. And hitting behind Stanton gives him more RBI opportunities. For $1, I don't see how you pass that up. I'm not sure how your league manages it, but he has OF eligibility too.

Duda: Big HR numbers. I'm not totally sold on him, but for such a reasonable price, the risk is mitigated. I think I like him better than Morse (it's close), but the $4 difference bumps Morse for me.

Keuchel: I like him, but that lack of Ks will hurt you. Plus, in a 14-team mixed, there will be TONS of pitching available. TONS. Don't overpay (and $5 is a bit of an overpay) for a low-K starter. You can find comparable stats for less, or in the FA pool.
            We have 12 man benches, so lots of room to sit Morse when he is hurt. Morse could get playing time in the OF for me. I'm just deeper in hitters and SPs now, so was thinking of moving one for a SP. Just got an offer in of Leake $2 for one of them as well.

Comment

Ended up keeping Duda, and dealing Morse for a prospect upgrade, to make room to keep an at cost Howie Kendrick. I upgraded from Alex Chi Chi Gonzalez to Alex Meyer, who has a lower floor, but higher ceiling.

Comment

Duda is Ryan Klesko. I take it you can bench him against lefties? If you can find a platoon mate, that would be some player....
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  Duda is Ryan Klesko. I take it you can bench him against lefties? If you can find a platoon mate, that would be some player....
                  Honestly, Duda is depth. I have Chris Davis, Carlos Santana, and Kyle Seager already. That is why I wanted to flip Duda or Morse for an arm. I did end up getting something for Morse, so I'm happy. If Duda gets hot and shows enough, I can trade one of the other guys, or trade Duda in season.

Comment

Working...
                  X