Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone noticed that CBS allows completely customizable lineup transactions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone noticed that CBS allows completely customizable lineup transactions?

I've always wanted 2x/week lineups and it looks like thats available now in CBS leagues. Using the "Advanced Schedule Editor" you can create any length periods you want and then set lineups to "Once per period."

Is this old news?
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

I agree, I think it's new. Interesting -- I wonder if I should offer this out to the leagues I commish.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      I agree, I think it's new. Interesting -- I wonder if I should offer this out to the leagues I commish.
      I asked them to add it last year. Maybe they really do listen to suggestions. Kind of neat that they over engineered it though.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I think you could have done that last year as well.

Comment

I've asked for the split schedule for years in the RJEL...I've never thought that it was fair that someone was stuck for the week when an injury happened on Monday or Tuesday.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
            I think you could have done that last year as well.
            CBS's twitter account didnt know that.

Comment

With this info, I polled my league to see if they wanted two lineup periods, and it passed.

I talked out the positives/negatives with Hammer, and determined the only real negatives in a roto league would be:
              1) commish headache: now there's TWO days per week of "I forgot to set my lineup...." To combat this, I would now be less lenient, since someone could now put a player in after two or three games.
              2) change in pitching strategy: since some pitchers may go an entire period without pitching, owners can either stream starters off the wire, or roster bullpenners to start in those periods. The negative effects though may hinder this: wasting of roster spots on bullpenners who may pitch an inning or two, and wasting FAAB $$. We determined the positives of streaming pitchers would be nullified by the negatives, so there's no real benefit.

Comment

With this info, I polled my league to see if they wanted two lineup periods, and it passed.

I talked out the positives/negatives with Hammer, and determined the only real negatives in a roto league would be:
                1) commish headache: now there's TWO days per week of "I forgot to set my lineup...." To combat this, I would now be less lenient, since someone could now put a player in after two or three games.
                2) change in pitching strategy: since some pitchers may go an entire period without pitching, owners can either stream starters off the wire, or roster bullpenners to start in those periods. The negative effects though may hinder this: wasting of roster spots on bullpenners who may pitch an inning or two, and wasting FAAB $$. We determined the positives of streaming pitchers would be nullified by the negatives, so there's no real benefit.
                So throw up a poll in the RJEL...let's get this done!

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  1 Vote for yes

Comment

Cool. Now if they could only manage to make their database searchable/sortable by league. Seriously, how hard would that be?
                    -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Comment

Done.

Comment

Done.
                        Thanks...now 5-1 in favor. Like they say in Chicago, vote early, vote often...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Thanks...now 5-1 in favor. Like they say in Chicago, vote early, vote often...
                          I voted FOR, but I have a little trepidation around the fact that there is a rule change going into effect after we have "started" the season. In truth, no rule change should happen once we started the minor league draft. We can (and should) put it in for next season, but if the change could have affected one decision in the minors draft (and it sure could have) we should wait until next season to enact it.

That said, I like the change very much.

Comment

look at NakedRicci slinking back to RJ as if he had never left!

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                              I voted FOR, but I have a little trepidation around the fact that there is a rule change going into effect after we have "started" the season. In truth, no rule change should happen once we started the minor league draft. We can (and should) put it in for next season, but if the change could have affected one decision in the minors draft (and it sure could have) we should wait until next season to enact it.

That said, I like the change very much.
                              That's fine with me, but I'm not the commish anymore...can we get Jason or Chris to yell at Ed for how he worded this poll?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X