I HATE Official Scorers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I HATE Official Scorers...

Cards Giants...Franklin is having his typical tightrope walking appearance, but has 2 outs in the 9th with Tejada up. Good battle, but Franklin finally gets Tejada to fly out to deep left center...except that Rasmus drops the ball and 2 runs score. Ball hit player right in the glove, player drops ball, error, right? Nope, it's ruled a double and both runs are charged to Franklin...

Bastards...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Official scoring is a complete joke these days

Comment

It's not the most egregious call I've ever seen, because of the distance traveled and the angle on the ball, but yeah, I agree, if a ball hits off a standing non jumping player's glove, it should be an error. Seeing that play on SC, I assumed it was an error.

Comment

Totally disgraceful. If I am covering a high school baseball game for the local newspaper, that's an error. It's certainly an error on a major league player. God, scorekeepers need to grow some balls.

Comment

The exact same play yesterday in the Rays/WhiteSox game where Fuld dropped the ball that hit in his glove.....immediately ruled an error.

Comment

Working...
          X