A whole bunch of keeper/extension questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A whole bunch of keeper/extension questions

feel free to not answer all of these, I'm just throwing everything into one post.

casual league, 6x6 h2h adding OPS and QS. keep three of Papi, Donaldson, Upton, Scherzer, Kluber, Harvey. can keep forever.

----------

casual league, 6x6 adding OPS and holds. 1C, 4 OF, 2 UT. keep seven, round cost in parens:

Gomes (23)
    Desmond (1)
    Calhoun (12)
    Moss (25)
    JD Martinez (27)
    Soler (27)
    Pederson (27)
    Fiers (27)
    Wacha (25)
    Goldschmidt (1)

if I keep both Goldschmidt and Desmond, Desmond will be a 2; if I keep multiple of the draft-end guys, they'll fill up from the bottom (so if I keep four round 27 guys, they'll take up rounds 24-27). I'm just taking over a team here and don't want to deal with trading yet, so assume I don't have any options there.

----------

10-team NL 5x5, can keep 13 plus 3 minors. My keeper list is mostly locked in but I have some extension questions. Extensions are the normal $5/yr paid up front model. Who do I extend out of this and how much?

WRamos $8
    Puig $5
    TRoss $1
    Ryu $9

----------

18-team mixed 5x5, OBP replacing AVG, can keep 10, inflation is super insane - Miggy is $60 (and was kept at that price last year), Adam Jones is $40, everyone else you'd consider in the first two rounds is kept at some goofy low price. Same thing about extensions.

Calhoun $7
    Trout $5
    Smyly $3

also re keepers, I'm planning to keep Doolittle $1B, McGee $4B, Paxton $6A, but could replace any of them with Greene $1, GHolland $25, Zimmermann $28 if I was worried about low performance or injury. Or I could just do some more trading.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Originally posted by mjl View Post
    feel free to not answer all of these, I'm just throwing everything into one post.

casual league, 6x6 h2h adding OPS and QS. keep three of Papi, Donaldson, Upton, Scherzer, Kluber, Harvey. can keep forever.
    Damn, that is a tough one. Papi and Upton are out. Donaldson and Scherzer are in. I suppose I keep the reigning Cy Young winner over the TJ recovery guy, even though my heart doesn't like it.

----------

casual league, 6x6 adding OPS and holds. 1C, 4 OF, 2 UT. keep seven, round cost in parens:

Gomes (23)
    Desmond (1)
    Calhoun (12)
    Moss (25)
    JD Martinez (27)
    Soler (27)
    Pederson (27)
    Fiers (27)
    Wacha (25)
    Goldschmidt (1)

if I keep both Goldschmidt and Desmond, Desmond will be a 2; if I keep multiple of the draft-end guys, they'll fill up from the bottom (so if I keep four round 27 guys, they'll take up rounds 24-27). I'm just taking over a team here and don't want to deal with trading yet, so assume I don't have any options there.
    How many teams in this league? Matters for depth vs. stars. Definitely Wacha, Soler, Pederson, Goldy, and JDM. I suppose I like Gomes and Desmond next but it depends on the # of teams. Maybe Calhoun or Fiers is a factor.

----------
    10-team NL 5x5, can keep 13 plus 3 minors. My keeper list is mostly locked in but I have some extension questions. Extensions are the normal $5/yr paid up front model. Who do I extend out of this and how much?

WRamos $8
    Puig $5
    TRoss $1
    Ryu $9
    Ross 1yr just because he's so cheap. Puig 2 years. Nothing for the rest.

----------

18-team mixed 5x5, OBP replacing AVG, can keep 10, inflation is super insane - Miggy is $60 (and was kept at that price last year), Adam Jones is $40, everyone else you'd consider in the first two rounds is kept at some goofy low price. Same thing about extensions.

Calhoun $7
    Trout $5
    Smyly $3

also re keepers, I'm planning to keep Doolittle $1B, McGee $4B, Paxton $6A, but could replace any of them with Greene $1, GHolland $25, Zimmermann $28 if I was worried about low performance or injury. Or I could just do some more trading.
    I'd make Trout 25 and Calhoun 12. Nothing for the injured Smyly. I'd stand pat with the injured closers for now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Damn, that is a tough one. Papi and Upton are out. Donaldson and Scherzer are in. I suppose I keep the reigning Cy Young winner over the TJ recovery guy,even though my heart doesn't like it. I agree with this but my heart has no problem picking these three and letting TJ guy go back in. You may still get him but if not rest assured that you are keeping the best 3 given the present circumstances.

----------

How many teams in this league? Matters for depth vs. stars. Definitely Wacha, Soler, Pederson, Goldy, and JDM. I suppose I like Gomes and Desmond next but it depends on the # of teams. Maybe Calhoun or Fiers is a factor. -again I agree, but Calhoun and Fiers is not a factor for me given the other players.

----------

Ross 1yr just because he's so cheap. Puig 2 years. Nothing for the rest. Ross 1 year Puig 3 years given your inflation. Nothing for the rest.

----------

I'd make Trout 25 and Calhoun 12. Nothing for the injured Smyly. I'd stand pat with the injured closers for now. Yep this is what I would do if it were my team.
      -

Answer above at the end of each quote.

Comment

In the casual league, you will be happy you kept Fiers. Velocity isn't everything.

Comment

Donaldson, Scherzer and Kluber
          ---
          Gomes (23)
          Desmond (1)
          Calhoun (12)
          JD Martinez (27)
          Soler (27)
          Pederson (27)
          Goldschmidt (1)

If you knew you were picking early in the first I'd let Goldy and Desmond go and keep Wacha and Moss. SP's are hurt with that 6th cat.

---

Puig $5 (extend 2 years $15)
          TRoss $1 (extend 1 year $6)

---

Trout to $20
          Calhoun to $12
          Smyly just this year.

Comment

In the second league, it's a 13 team league and if my guesses on keepers are correct, I am picking 4th but Trout, Kershaw, Stanton, Cutch, CGomez, Bautista, and Encarnacion are all going to be kept so I think I'm forced to keep Goldy.

Lucky: I actually have Fiers in both of the serious leagues. I'm definitely bought in. I would only hesitate on keeping him because of the devaluation of SP due to the sixth category.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

In the second league, it's a 13 team league and if my guesses on keepers are correct, I am picking 4th but Trout, Kershaw, Stanton, Cutch, CGomez, Bautista, and Encarnacion are all going to be kept so I think I'm forced to keep Goldy.

Lucky: I actually have Fiers in both of the serious leagues. I'm definitely bought in. I would only hesitate on keeping him because of the devaluation of SP due to the sixth category.
              Goldy is a very nice 1st round pick. I should only be so lucky as to be "force" to keep him.

Comment

in the second casual league (the one where I'm currently keeping Goldschmidt/1, Desmond/2, Soler, Wacha, JDMartinez, Pederson, Gomes in rounds 23-27) I have a couple more options I didn't notice. Would you swap in Daniel Murphy at 21 (I don't like him with the extra OPS cat) or Pineda at 19 or Cespedes at 3?

Comment

in the second casual league (the one where I'm currently keeping Goldschmidt/1, Desmond/2, Soler, Wacha, JDMartinez, Pederson, Gomes in rounds 23-27) I have a couple more options I didn't notice. Would you swap in Daniel Murphy at 21 (I don't like him with the extra OPS cat) or Pineda at 19 or Cespedes at 3?
                  I don't think I would. Only one I'd consider is Murphy over Gomes.

Comment

Working...
                  X