2K15: Scooter Gennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K15: Scooter Gennett

I just traded away Gennett after looking at his stats and projections a bit more closely, and I'm wondering if other people agree with this analysis.

Gennett last year: 474 PA, .289/.320/.434, 9 HR, 55 R, 54 RBI, 6 SB

ZiPS this year: 581 PA, .286/.318/.415, 11 HR, 67 R, 59 RBI, 8 SB

so basically the same as last year, just multiplied by 1.2 because he won't be sharing time with Weeks this year. But he was sharing time because he was in a platoon - last year in 42 PA against lefties he hit .103 with 0 R, 0 RBI. In 2013 he had 41 PA against lefties and hit .154 with no extra base hits, 0 R, 0 RBI. I think all of the playing time he's going to gain versus last year is going to be against lefties, so there's some risk his BA just goes down and the other numbers don't come up too much.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

You got Puig to team up with Goldschmidt, Freeman, and Carlos Gomez. You'll be okay

Comment

and Rendon! My hitting is kind of ridiculous.

I was asking because we were going back and forth, as one does with Glenn, and eventually he took an offer I made and added Gennett and LeMahieu to it, and my projections have Gennett being a bit better but then I thought about it a bit more and came up with the above analysis and decided that I wasn't convinced that Gennett was actually going to be any better than LeMahieu. This makes me think two things:

1) I wonder if any of the projection systems go to the depth of noticing that a player is not going to be platooned when he was in the past and taking that into account (or vice versa)
      2) I only noticed this because I already owned Gennett and knew something about him. There's just so much information freely available that I don't have the time to look at. I wonder what else I'm missing.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
        2) I only noticed this because I already owned Gennett and knew something about him. There's just so much information freely available that I don't have the time to look at. I wonder what else I'm missing.
        His stats dove when he tried to play through a quad injury. He did have a higher than average BABIP in the 1st half, but not ridiculously so.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
          I wonder what else I'm missing.
          The fact that you didn't take my overly generous offer for Trout, for one...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
          X