Roto related...this made my day yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roto related...this made my day yesterday

I found a new home league in NC via the BBHQ forums as a few people in the league subscribe there. I got this from one of the other members in league yesterday.

I really need to work on my name recognition

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    I found a new home league in NC via the BBHQ forums as a few people in the league subscribe there. I got this from one of the other members in league yesterday.

That's fantastic!

Wait until he finds out it really is you.

Comment

Ohh, don't tell 'em. Wait until somebody thinks they know, and the rumor spreads around the league, until one day "Hey! You're that guy!!!"

Comment

LOL. Tell them you're currently pursuing an identity theft case but can't share any more details at this time.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Oh, I told him already. It was rather funny

Comment

Bwa ha ha. That is great! Thanks for posting it.

Comment

When I started my new job at the accounting firm about 6 years ago, I started in June and they asked me if I played Fantasy Football and I said that "I've been in a couple of leagues in the past."

When I showed up to the draft, I had the Fantasy Football magazine that I had been published in.

After the draft, I asked a couple of the guys if they had ever heard about utilizing Consistency in Fantasy Football and I showed them the article.

It took the third guy to read it to notice my name as the writer.

Then, the bitching began....lol

Comment

Classic. Gris, also liked your story. Turns out you guys are celebs -- and not just in your own minds!

Comment

In 2004, I was in the NL LABR and they published our teams in the Leviathan. Of course, I told no one in my leagues that I had done that, so when several owners brought their copies to my drafts, they laughed at the "coincidence". In most cases, I didn't tell them it was really me until the end of the draft. They were very silent about it all year because I spent almost the whole season in first, but they were all zingers and jabs when my team sank in the final weeks and I dropped into third. I just took their ribbing, because I figure 3rd place (and only a couple of points out of first) in the LABR is pretty good for my first time swimming in the deep end.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                    In 2004, I was in the NL LABR and they published our teams in the Leviathan. Of course, I told no one in my leagues that I had done that, so when several owners brought their copies to my drafts, they laughed at the "coincidence". In most cases, I didn't tell them it was really me until the end of the draft. They were very silent about it all year because I spent almost the whole season in first, but they were all zingers and jabs when my team sank in the final weeks and I dropped into third. I just took their ribbing, because I figure 3rd place (and only a couple of points out of first) in the LABR is pretty good for my first time swimming in the deep end.
                    why not do it every year?

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                      why not do it every year?
                      I was invited as a Regular Guy, and thus, I did not have a perpetual invitation. I wish. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot, especially that most of the "experts" really don't play the game that much better than you or me. They certainly know more than the average roto player, but there is something equalizing about a draft table, and I didn't feel in over my head. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Comment

You did one helluva good job that year, Dane.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I covered a court case today about a decade-old press event - and the witness wound up mentioning my name as an attendee (correct, actually the only attendee).

#TrumanShow
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Did anyone ever tell you you look a lot like Jason Collette?

Comment

Working...
                            X