Micah Johnson - 2015 Sleeper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micah Johnson - 2015 Sleeper?

I thought Micah Johnson could be a sleeper in 2014, but he got hurt and wasn't called up. In Spring Training this year he is looking great. I think he stands a good chance of landing the 2B job and running with it (pun intended). If so, what kind of value could he have? Or what might you pay in an AL only league for his services?

I own him for 3 in an AL-only, I figured if he starts the entire season he would value in the high teens from the stolen bases alone.

Comment

I think he could earn high teens but I'm not paying that for him. He should hit low in the order but if he wins the job out of camp he'll be a nice source of MI speed.

Comment

I have him at 5 in the league I listed keepers in, but will toss him in even if he wins the job. I'd probably buy him back for a buck or two more if I had to, but no more than that. Yeah, he has upper teens potential, but the crash and burn risk is high - the White Sox have any number of guys they can plug into 2B if he struggles early. Beckham, Bonifacio, and Sanchez are all there.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Let me tell you about my friend Craig, who could probably be Micah's agent at this point. I get Micah updates daily on FB from him (I know he's reading this thread now)

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            Let me tell you about my friend Craig, who could probably be Micah's agent at this point. I get Micah updates daily on FB from him (I know he's reading this thread now)
            Funny. Ask Craig if I should keep Johnson at $8 in AL-only. If he says yes too quickly, we'll know he was actually hired.

Comment

He thinks Johnson earns double-digits this year

Comment

key with Johnson - and many similar players - is ABs. I'd put the over/under for him around 200 ABs ... if he gets more he's in line to contribute in a roto sense ... less, probably not.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                X