Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you pay for Kris Bryant this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you pay for Kris Bryant this year?

Borrowing Gregg's format.

12-team mixed 5x5 with ob & slug instead of ba & hr. I'm considering nominating Bryant with the 1st overall toss. I think the kid is going to be great but I doubt it's this year and I know he's going to go for quite a bit. I would probably take him at $7 or $8. How about you?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

I wouldn't go more than $10.

Comment

What a great question. All it takes is 2 Cubs fans and he will go into the 20's.

He is kept for free in our NL keeper league. I can't imagine what our league would pay for him if he was in the auction.

Comment

NL LABR: Aramis Ramirez 18, Kris Bryant 16. Interesting.

Obviously keeper dynamics change things; Bryant is surely already rostered in any league that allows minor league keepers. And in those that don't but are keeper leagues, he'll go for more than Aramis because of possible future value.

162 Ks in 492 ABs in AA/AAA last year concern me. But 43 HR and 16 SB! If he was in either of my auctions, I have no idea what I'd do. Probably end up being the 3rd place bidder.

Comment

In one of my leagues, dude protected him for $15.

I'd go to $10 in a keeper league, easy.

Comment

I acquired him last year in the auction for $3...but injuries forced my hand and I had to drop him. $10 makes sense, but I hate playing for next year in an auction unless it's a very low risk (Puig at $6 a few years ago was the most I'd ever paid for a minor leaguer in an auction). Of course I'd be able to flip him at some point...just like I did Puig a week before he was called up, doh!
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Since I own him for $5 as a minor league reserve, I won't have to make this call for hopefully another six years. If he was available in my keeper league's auction, he would make it to at least $20

Comment

I hate the Cubs and Id go 18 to 20 easy.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                  Since I own him for $5 as a minor league reserve, I won't have to make this call for hopefully another six years. If he was available in my keeper league's auction, he would make it to at least $20
                  That is a heck of a trading chip that you can use this year on your way to a title. Flags fly forever!

Comment

Working...
                  X