Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you pay for Tanaka this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you pay for Tanaka this year?

With the lack of pitching in the AL. What would you be willing to bid on the risky Tanaka.

I have him for $31 in my 12 team AL only 5x5 and considering keeping him. The two best pitchers in the auction will be Samardzija, and Sonny Gray. They will go through the roof.

Big risk big reward?

What about you?

I would try to deal him for something less risky.

12-team mixed the resident Yankee fanatic didn't even keep him at $21. I wouldn't go more than $10.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

This is a good one. I wouldn't pay more than 5 in a redraft format. This is a guaranteed injury - even more so than tulo-risky.

Comment

What would you pay for him in a keeper league if he blew out his elbow today? In an AL only league I have to think that's 10-12 bucks.

Then figure out how much you add for potential production this year, and how much you subtract for the fact that if he blows out his elbow in July, he doesn't give you a full 2016 season?

Comment

Big risk big reward is fine, but paying $31 is big risk with the slim hope that you break even (at best).

You can hope that he ends up being worth $31, but you surely don't pay that price at auction.

Comment

Well, I threw back Tanaka at $31.

That meant the 3 top pitchers were Samards and Gray and Tanaka.

As luck would have it Tanaka was the first name thrown out. I got him back for $25. Samards went next for $34 followed by Gray at $36. Not a lot of good choices for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Samards went next for $34 followed by Gray at $36. Not a lot of good choices for the money.
              I like Shark quite a bit more than the other 2 at those prices.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

FYI - He went for $19 yesterday in my AL-only 12-team 4x4 Keeper league (30% inflation).

Comment

He went for 18 in our 12 team AL only...I believe that's down from last year.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Tanaka will be my first toss this year in my RIL (Ridiculous Inflation League). I bought him for $50 last year and would have had to pay him $60 to keep him. The draft is in 4 hours away, so we'll see where he goes. I'm stopping in the low 20s, for sure. Probably.
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Went for $17 in my 10-team AL-only keeper league yesterday. The top available pitchers were

Sale $33
                      Price $28
                      Shark $24
                      Archer $17

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                        Tanaka will be my first toss this year in my RIL (Ridiculous Inflation League). I bought him for $50 last year and would have had to pay him $60 to keep him. The draft is in 4 hours away, so we'll see where he goes. I'm stopping in the low 20s, for sure. Probably.
                        He went for $30 in this draft.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

$22 in RJEL.
                          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                          X