• Who would you handcuff to Rondon?

Motte or Strop?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

It is a hard call, especially since I would throw Neil Ramirez onto that potential handcuff list. Justin Grimm may also be up for consideration. I don't think that Maddon has had a chance yet to fully assess his bullpen, so I don't think that even he could give you a clear answer.

For the moment, I would probably go with Strop, then Ramirez, then Motte (mainly because he had a poor outing yesterday). That list will likely change often during the year. Whomever is hot at the moment a change is needed will likely be the one to get the first crack at grabbing some saves.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros View Post
      It is a hard call, especially since I would throw Neil Ramirez onto that potential handcuff list. Justin Grimm may also be up for consideration. I don't think that Maddon has had a chance yet to fully assess his bullpen, so I don't think that even he could give you a clear answer.

For the moment, I would probably go with Strop, then Ramirez, then Motte (mainly because he had a poor outing yesterday). That list will likely change often during the year. Whomever is hot at the moment a change is needed will likely be the one to get the first crack at grabbing some saves.
      I agree with everything written here with the exception that I would go Mott, then Strop.

Comment

I get the sense Maddon (or someone in their org) wants it to be Motte, but that doesn't mean he's ready. If you're in a league where a really good MR has value then I would rather have Strop because you can start him. Of course in a league that deep, that means Motte will probably be owned by someone else.

Comment

Motte was hurt last year. That matters.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            Motte was hurt last year. That matters.

J
            I am not saying I disagree with you, but the Cubs paid him $7M to come here. How hurt can he be?

I actually didn't like the move very much for what that is worth.

Comment

Motte is the guy they want after Rondon. But I'm not sold "handcuffing" is the right strategy. Might be better to get the backup plan on another team (Quackenbush or equivalent).

Comment

I can see that point. Or Farquar. Or Kelvin Herrera. They will at least generate good stats.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                X