Stanton v. Bautista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanton v. Bautista

I know that Stanton is valued more then Jose (i.e. drafted higher and higher auction price) but who would you rather own given the probable difference in their auction prices? Or will their draft day prices be roughly the same?

Is the risk of injury for Jose the difference maker? Or the fact that Jose is older?

Because if they both stay healthy and play 145-150 games I can see Jose having better stats than Stanton.

Stanton is closer to Trout than he is to Bautista.

Comment

So for 2015 only, you think Stanton will vastly outperform Jose? I see similar stats if they play the same amount of games.

Thanks guys!!

Comment

I agree...Bautista is definitely capable of putting up similar numbers, but the risk of him not doing so due to injury or age-related decline is significantly higher.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbesmonkey View Post
          So for 2015 only, you think Stanton will vastly outperform Jose? I see similar stats if they play the same amount of games.

Thanks guys!!
          8-10 hrs. 10 rbi, 4-5 more sbs, 8-10 points in BA. Don't know if you consider that vastly or not.

I love Bautista this year and will probably bid him up until I get him AL only. But that does not mean that his 34 year old body is not more likely to break than the 25 year old Stanton.

Given the difference in age and stats. I would expect to pay about 10-12 more for Stanton.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Given the difference in age and stats. I would expect to pay about 10-12 more for Stanton.
            I expect Stanton to end up close to $50 and I've budgeted $40 for Bautista but hoping to get him closer to $35.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Would you keep Bautista for $32 in a 14 team mixed?

Comment

Would you keep Bautista for $32 in a 14 team mixed?
                Need more info to give you a useful answer.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Need more info to give you a useful answer.
                  Sorry.

Roto...5x5...normal roster size..

Comment

Sorry.

Roto...5x5...normal roster size..
                    I meant your other keepers and alternatives.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                    X