Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you pay for Matt Kemp this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you pay for Matt Kemp this year?

He is $40 in our 12 team NL only 5x5 $260 budget. I doubt he is kept.

There are a lot of cheap offense being kept.

Stanton, Dickerson, Tulo, Freeman, Votto and Blackmon are the top 6 back in the auction. Bruce and Heyward should be back in as well.

I am guessing about 1200 bucks to spend with many needing top pitching.

What would you pay?

I'd assume he'll go for something close to what he went last year. I think he's perceived to be healthier this year (than last year) and he had a very strong 2nd half last year but is playing in a little less friendly home environment -- I guess that is close to a wash.
    Last edited by whalewang; 03-09-2015, 06:28 PM.

Comment

I'll probably keep him at 39 in my 12 team NL only...not a lot of big boppers out there.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

You mentioned Dickerson. Dickerson vs Kemp is an interesting one. Kemp has proven so much more, and he's just 30 years old, while Dickerson was quite good for one season. They seem to be similarly valued; I'd rather have Kemp.

How much does Kemp go for? Depends on inflation. $23 uninflated (NL-only LABR Price last night) seems lower than he'll go for. I'd go $25 uninflated.

Comment

I'm torn on Kemp.

When he's good, he's SOOO good. But, he's often just not very good. The speed is an afterthought at this point. His home park is a chasm, but then his old park wasn't a hitter's haven either. There is real potential for him to be a top-tier HR threat, but there is equal potential for him to get swallowed up by injuries and a bad hitter's park.

When I'm this torn on a player, I stay away. I would not be surprised to see him hit 30 bombs and flourish in San Diego, but I'd also not be surprised to see him hit the DL and be near-worthless. I'd say in my leagues, he'll go for $40 at the high end and $18 at the low end. I'm not swimming in that pool, unless I could get him on the very low end.

Comment

Won't touch him unless he is nearly free which is how I feel about Tulowitzki. It's annoying to own guys like this despite the payoff potential.
            Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

But $20 in NL Only seems palatable. Just doubt he could be landed there.
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Well, I just traded for him. I do not know if I will actually keep him.

I had an extra rookie status guy that I could not keep (Reese McGuire). So I swapped him for the $40 Kemp. I can drop him without penalty right up to auction day.

Comment

Working...
                X