2015 trade rumors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 trade rumors thread

Since I come here every day to check and see if Papelbon has been traded yet (I have Giles for $5 in my NL only) - I figured a trade rumors thread would be a nice one to start...should be pretty active until the FA trade deadline hopefully.

Latest I heard is Pap is gonna go to the Blue Jays any day now.

Post yer rumors!

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Since I come here every day to check and see if Papelbon has been traded yet (I have Giles for $5 in my NL only) - I figured a trade rumors thread would be a nice one to start...should be pretty active until the FA trade deadline hopefully.

Latest I heard is Pap is gonna go to the Blue Jays any day now.

Post yer rumors!
    I also have Giles for $5. Unfortunately that rumor of Paps being traded to the Blue Jays was started by me. I was hoping the Phillies would get the hint.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
      I also have Giles for $5. Unfortunately that rumor of Paps being traded to the Blue Jays was started by me. I was hoping the Phillies would get the hint.
      Hilarious.

Comment

can you also start a rumor that the Phils will cover 100% of his salary?
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          can you also start a rumor that the Phils will cover 100% of his salary?
          Good idea. I'm on it.

Comment

Well...now that I own Ryan Howard, Maikel Franco, Ken Giles and Alex Guererro on the same NL only team, this becomes the most important thread in the 'pen for me.

Arent there any team executives out there who read this board and are ready to fleece Amaro for another free-swinging power hitter who can play some mean DH and who also might just need a back-end bullpen guy? **nudge nudge wink wink**

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              I would be pretty shocked if the Dodgers traded for Papelbon. I would be equally (or more) shocked if they traded Guerrero.
              I wasnt referring to the dodgers re: Papelbon; however im under the impression that they sorta have to trade guererro if they are going to move forward with turner as the utility man. There wa a pretty good article on fangraphs about it like a month ago (sorry dont have the link handy). They dont want to have him as a constant distraction or lose all the $$ they invested or something

Comment

I find mlbtraderumors.com to be quite useful for trade rumors.

That sounded snarky, didn't mean it to.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  If that's what the article said, it's wrong. The Dodgers have every intention of going with Guerrero as a reserve on the major league team. Justin Turner doesn't change that in the least. As a matter of fact, they've been shifting Guerrero all over the diamond in an effort to maximize his utility.
                  You think this all changes if they get Olivera? Looks more like they are showcasing Guerrero's versatility then.

Comment

Working...
                  X