Endgame piching: Ks and Ratios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endgame piching: Ks and Ratios

Everyone has already rostered their SP and RP. Wade Miley and Nathan Eovaldi went a while ago. LaTroy Hawkins and K Rod are off the board. Andrew Miller is a fading memory.

Who is your target for the last P slot or the bench?
    Is there any RP with good ratios that are in for an IP jump?

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-09-2015, 02:14 PM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

AL:
    Wade Davis
    Kevin Jepsen
    Brandon Finnegan
    TJ House
    Roneis Elias
    Tanner Scheppers
    Joe Kelly

Any of those strike your fancy? I like this discussion topic...

Comment

How about in the NL?

Dillon Gee or Tanner Roark if cheap enough. Plenty of upside as 6th starters.
      SF Giants bullpen guys.
      Others?

Comment

I have always liked David Phelps. Now with the Marlins I believe he can succeed if he wins a spot in the rotation.

Comment

Shawn Kelley RP: 12 K/9 for Yankees last 2 years. A bit too many BBs but not awful, and he's now in San Diego. (Quackenbush is main setup guy and is likely going for >$1).

Comment

Really good names above. Going super deep in AL only reserves: Chris Bassett, Cam Bedrosian, Drew Rucinski and Adam Warren. None of which were taken in LABR (not even in the reserve rounds). Probably not worth taking now but worth watching to see if their role or playing time changes.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
              AL:
              Wade Davis
              Kevin Jepsen
              Brandon Finnegan
              TJ House
              Roneis Elias
              Tanner Scheppers
              Joe Kelly

Any of those strike your fancy? I like this discussion topic...
              In this scenario Wade Davis is long gone, possibly Jepsen also, but Herrera is a valid name. Finnegan is the type of RP I am looking for, provided he comes north. Will he?

Elias has a target on his back. Scheppers is a valid name. I would hope for better than House or Kelly.

Originally posted by james33 View Post
              Shawn Kelley RP: 12 K/9 for Yankees last 2 years. A bit too many BBs but not awful, and he's now in San Diego. (Quackenbush is main setup guy and is likely going for >$1).
              Quackenbush is about where we should start looking. This is more the $2-$3 types.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Very relevant.

This post attempts to identify the high strikeout relief pitchers for the 2015 fantasy baseball season.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Sweet.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    In this scenario Wade Davis is long gone, possibly Jepsen also, but Herrera is a valid name. Finnegan is the type of RP I am looking for, provided he comes north. Will he?

Elias has a target on his back. Scheppers is a valid name. I would hope for better than House or Kelly.
                    J
                    I actually like House quite a bit this year. I think he could surprise, as those CLE pitchers have been doing a lot lately. IIRC, there was some talk about stretching Finnegan out to be a starter, so even if he doesn't make the team at first he might slip into the rotation later. Using him as much as they did in the postseason seems to speak to what they think of his stuff, at least. What do you mean about Elias having a target on his back?

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                      I actually like House quite a bit this year. I think he could surprise, as those CLE pitchers have been doing a lot lately. IIRC, there was some talk about stretching Finnegan out to be a starter, so even if he doesn't make the team at first he might slip into the rotation later. Using him as much as they did in the postseason seems to speak to what they think of his stuff, at least. What do you mean about Elias having a target on his back?
                      Elias has a real fight to get into the rotation. Walker jumps to mind. For fantasy purposes he might be better in the pen. Same with House. Both rosters are pretty stacked. The Rangers would love to have the problem.

J
                      Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-09-2015, 11:46 PM.
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        Tim Collins apparently needs TJS, so Finnegan could be the primary lefty out of the 'pen. I mean, unless you're a Franklin Morales fan.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          Tim Collins apparently needs TJS, so Finnegan could be the primary lefty out of the 'pen. I mean, unless you're a Franklin Morales fan.
                          Heaven knows he's seen the elephant.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

How bout some of these:
                            Ken Giles
                            Drew Pomeranz
                            Mike Foltynewicz
                            Henry Owens

Comment

Foltynewitz will help your ratios?

Owens is interesting, but IP is an issue.

Speaking of that, how is the Playing Time list coming?

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                              X