Biggest NL-only surprises from NL LABR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest NL-only surprises from NL LABR

This isn't as scientific as it could be, but a few weeks ago, I took the ADP from the NFBC drafts, and extrapolated dollar values for an NL-only league, based on how dollar values had gone in the past (i.e., the 10th highest ADP from NFBC received the 10th highest dollar value from past autions in my spreadsheet).

My ADP is a bit outdated; I grabbed it a few weeks ago so it isn't a perfect analysis, and of course auction dynamics/timing can influence the ultimate price, but I'd still love your thoughts. Below are the biggest differences by position from NFBC a few weeks ago vs last night's NL LABR auction.

C: Montero $15 went for more than Rosario $12.

1B: The lesser (#12-#14 by rank) 1B went for more than I thought they would: Lind $17, Morse $16, Howard $15. I thought they'd be $5 below Morneau ($18).

3B: Pedro Alvarez $23, Kris Bryant $16.

2B: Jose Peraza (last year, played Hi A and AA) went for $10. Maybe he'll be opening day starter? I'm skeptical. Also, Kolten Wong $25 closer to Gordon $26 than Murphy $18.

SS: Segura $25, Baez $11. Similar ADP. I'm not a fan of Baez at all, fear he'll K too much to stay in the bigs, but for $12?

OF: Ozuna $25 went for more than Kemp $23.

SP: Bumgarner $24 went for same as Harvey $24 and just one more than Zimmerman $23, rather than being close to Scherzer $32. Also, Latos went for just $9. SP is deep this year in NL-only.

RP: No huge surprises - Jansen and Reed went for less, but injury / likelihood of losing job are factors.

Originally posted by james33 View Post
    1B: The lesser (#12-#14 by rank) 1B went for more than I thought they would: Lind $17, Morse $16, Howard $15. I thought they'd be $5 below Morneau ($18).

3B: Pedro Alvarez $23, Kris Bryant $16.
    Power is at a premium these days.

Bumgarner $24 went for same as Harvey $24 and just one more than Zimmerman $23, rather than being close to Scherzer $32.
    Perhaps it's concern about last year's workload, including playoffs. See Hamels 2009 vs. 2008.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
      Power is at a premium these days.
      Great observation! If fewer HR are being hit, and more bases are being stolen, relative to a few years ago, then the value of a HR is higher than it was 5 years ago, correct?

Comment

Great observation! If fewer HR are being hit, and more bases are being stolen, relative to a few years ago, then the value of a HR is higher than it was 5 years ago, correct?
        Yep...supply and demand.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

My biggest surprise of the whole auction: Baez $11, Peraza $10.

Comment

Indeed. It seems today people are paying about the same for 30 HR as they were for 40 HR a few years ago. Even if it's someone like Alvarez who is a drain on AVG.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
            X