Help with NL extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with NL extensions

10 Team NL only keeper league. 5X5 (OBP, TB, & K/9)

I already declared my 8 keepers, now I have to decide on how long to extend the following keepers. Its $5 per year.

The players in Bold are the ones I have have to decide on.

C - W. Ramos $6
    3B - Arenado $7
    OF - Harper $30
    OF - G. Polanco $4

P - Strausburg $22
    P - Melancon $4
    P - A. Wood $2
    P - T. Ross $3

I am leaning towards giving 2 years to Arenado, 2 years to Wood, 1 year to Ross, and not sure about Ramos.

If it were my team I would give none to Ramos and 1 year each to Arenado, Wood, and Ross. I might go an extra year on Arenado depending on league tendencies.

Comment

I'd give Wood 2 years, Ross one, Aranado 2 and Ramos one. If he stays healthy (yeah, he never has) he's worth it in an only league, especially if it's a 2 catcher league.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

I would do Arenado one year and NOT extend the others. That money has value at auction.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          I agree. I'd be tempted to extend Ross or Wood but I prefer to extend the truly elite pitchers only. Seen it backfire far too many times.
          Agree as well. Not sure on inflation but seeing only 8 keepers and Harper at $30 makes me think it's not that high. Don't love extending pitchers and there is a lot of pitching depth in the NL right now.

Comment

2 years on Arenado and that's probably it. Don't trust Ross to hold up. Not 100% sure I trust Wood either though I do really like him.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              2 years on Arenado and that's probably it. Don't trust Ross to hold up. Not 100% sure I trust Wood either though I do really like him.
              That is why I took the middle ground. I extend part way and get the extra $15 bucks. I make each of the players more trade worthy in the event that I need to. I get to keep them an extra year if I want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                If it were my team I would give none to Ramos and 1 year each to Arenado, Wood, and Ross. I might go an extra year on Arenado depending on league tendencies.
                What he said.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                X