Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's why I don't think very much of ADP...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobbesmonkey View Post
    I guess it depends on how much you think your league-mates line up with the hundreds or thousands of other drafters that go into ADP, right?
    yeah, like I said... you know the local guys... know their favorite teams, players, whether your league is prospect crazy or whatnot.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Think of it this way, ADP is the bluebook price. If you are negotiating to buy a car, isn't that one thing you want to know?

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        Think of it this way, ADP is the bluebook price. If you are negotiating to buy a car, isn't that one thing you want to know?

J
        good way to put it

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
          Agreed. Yes, a very good way to put it.

I think, for myself, I prefer ADP to a list of prices from a guide or an experts draft because I don't really NEED to know how much they will cost in any particular draft, I just need to know how they are valued going in. My draft sheets only having prices on them for the purposes of sorting; the prices mean nothing. What helps me is to know that X shortstop is getting consistently drafted ahead of Y shortstop, even though I would want Y more. What helps me is to know that Z outfielder is going extremely late and I want him cheap. (Frankly, it was looking at ADP that convinced me that I could comfortably target Blackmon as a late-game $1 flier, and I got him in most of my leagues, for that price or slightly more.) ADP is very handy, and it is probably the best-info-per-minute resource available. Scour it before a draft for 5 minutes and you could come out with 10 game-changing nuggets of game strategy.

Comment

Which site has the most comprehensive adp? Or based on what Dane is saying, I'd think an adp trend analysis might be most useful...do any sites have that?
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

this thread is why there's often no such thing as a dumb question.

we have a real judge - yeah, law degree and all - asking a perfectly reasonable question and seeking feedback. I think all of us learned something from that collective response....
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Which site has the most comprehensive adp? Or based on what Dane is saying, I'd think an adp trend analysis might be most useful...do any sites have that?
                Fantasypros is the best free source I have seen.

FantasyPros combines Average Draft Position rankings from major league commissioner sites to produce an overall ADP.

They also do consensus rankings compared to ADP.

Don’t trust any 1 expert? We combine their rankings into 1 Expert Consensus Ranking. Our Overall rankings are updated regularly.

Fantasygameday does a fancy version, but it comes out later and they charge for it.

One of the methods to mine cryptocurrency is via software application and the mobile device’s processing capacity.It’s different because it’s readily available, has a wide range of uses, and requires little upfront investment. Crypto mining apps for iPhone and iPad users are pretty common these days...

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                X