Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

...and Cliff Lee has a sore elbow again (3/8/15)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...and Cliff Lee has a sore elbow again (3/8/15)

Rough weekend for pitching

Comment

It's never good when the name "Dr. James Andrews" is mentioned.

But how old is Dr. Andrews, anyway? Or has he just replicated himself as an android? He's seemingly been around forever.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I think i'm going to punt pitching this year.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Doesn't bother me when it comes to fantasy sports...he was already on my DND list. (Do Not Draft)

As a Philly fan....ugh.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
            As a Philly fan....ugh.
            Well, for this year, it's the difference between bad and really bad. I wasn't expecting to they'd get much for him in trade given last year's arm problems and his backloaded contract.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

He said this morning if he needs elbow surgery, it's likely to be career-ending.

Comment

He went for $3 in last night's NL LABR draft. I guess he's pretty much close to undraftable?

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  It's never good when the name "Dr. James Andrews" is mentioned.

But how old is Dr. Andrews, anyway? Or has he just replicated himself as an android? He's seemingly been around forever.
                  He was born in 1942.

Comment

If he's out the entire year the Phillies might actually benefit, if they insured the contract.

Comment

Jim Salisbury:
                      Cliff Lee still has tear in flexor tendon. Will try to throw for a short period of time and see if improves. If not surgery likely.

Buh bye, Cliff, enjoy retirement.

Comment

Hamels
                        Harang
                        Buchanan
                        Jerome Williams? Chad Billingsley? Miguel Gonzalez? A prospect like Biddle or Lively or Pettibone?

EDIT - don't forget Kevin Slowey

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          Hamels
                          Harang
                          Buchanan
                          Jerome Williams? Chad Billingsley? Miguel Gonzalez? A prospect like Biddle or Lively or Pettibone?

EDIT - don't forget Kevin Slowey
                          I think that they're not expecting Billingsley to be ready before the end of April. Williams and Slowey would be my bet at this point.

Comment

They have insurance. They couldn't trade him for prospects but given his contract they couldn't have expected to get much anyway unless they paid the money themselves.

Comment

Is Cliff Lee working out and looking to get a contract?

Comment

Working...
                              X