Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darvish to need TJ Surgery??

Wow! From CBS:

An MRI on Rangers starting pitcher Yu Darvish's right triceps showed a sprained UCL in his right elbow.
    The team is discussing Tommy John surgery, which would end Darvish's 2015 season.

AL only pitching is going to very thin this year on the top-end

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
      AL only pitching is going to very thin this year on the top-end
      And in most AL-only keeper leagues it's even crazier. I just went through the list of starting pitching that I anticipate will be available and it is UG-LY. I was going to throw Colin McHugh back at $14. (30-35% inflation in my league.) I think he earns it, but figured I'd get him back for no more than $14. However, now that I look at it, if I throw him back, he might be the 3rd best pitcher available in our draft.

Comment

Cole Hamels trade rumors to Texas should start to heat-up...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
          Cole Hamels trade rumors to Texas should start to heat-up...
          Except the Rangers weren't very good anyway, so why should they waste valuable resources on Hamels when they already don't have a prayer? Silly media types may want this to be a thing, but it's not. There's zero chance the Rangers spring for Hamels.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
            And in most AL-only keeper leagues it's even crazier.
            Exactly. In my 12-team AL I'll probably be keeping a $36 Price since Felix/Sale/Kluber are all keepers and I usually want at least 1 SP anchor in only leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
              Exactly. In my 12-team AL I'll probably be keeping a $36 Price since Felix/Sale/Kluber are all keepers and I usually want at least 1 SP anchor in only leagues.
              Looking at what's available, I'm looking set going in with King Felix $32, McHugh $14, Archer $10...and possibly Daniel Norris $5. As I asked in another thread, if Norris is anointed the #5 starter, do you keep him for $5 in an 12-team AL-only keeper league (30% inflation)? I have 1 keeper slot open.

Comment

AL-only, have Yu at $16........ all I can say is....

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(end of rant)
                Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Does anyone know if the number of elbow injuries for professional pitchers is at epidemic levels in Japan like it is here in America? Just wondering because Darvish was seemingly in good health while pitching seven seasons in Japan.
                  Last edited by madducks; 03-08-2015, 04:33 AM.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Does anyone know if the number of elbow injuries for professional pitchers is at epidemic levels in Japan like it is here in America? Just wondering because Darvish was seemingly in good health while pitching seven seasons in Japan.
                    Here's the Yahoo Sports link: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/basebal...11760-mlb.html

The recent report indicates it's worse. Darvish's dad didn't allow Yu to follow the "standard" routine in Japan, believing that a different routine would reduce injury risk.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Well, it's pretty much official:

Dr. David Altcheck recommended that Yu Darvish undergo Tommy John surgery.
                      Crushing news for the Rangers. While it's not official, all signs point to Darvish having the surgery. General manager Jon Daniels said that the pitcher is "likely heading down the road" to surgery. Darvish has been one of the best pitchers in baseball since arriving in the States and Daniels probably said it best on Tuesday, when he told the media "No sugarcoating it, it stinks." Assuming he undergoes the surgery, Darvish will miss the entire 2015 season.
                      Source: Evan Grant on TwitterMar 11 - 1:01 PM

Comment

Yu is officially done for 2015

Darvish to have Tommy John surgery Tuesday in Pensacola florida...dr. James andrews

https://twitter.com/Sullivan_Ranger/...21310332416000

Comment

Working...
                        X