Wqs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wqs

One of the writers at Razzball suggested a new category of Wins + Quality Starts. I've always hated Wins but didn't see QS as much better, but combining them is such a great idea that I'm surprised no has thought of it sooner. Of course, CBS doesn't have it and likely won't for another 5 years or so but I'll be contacting them to request they add it. Anyone else love this idea?

Look at how WQS is better than Wins for a fantasy pitching metric in 2015.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    One of the writers at Razzball suggested a new category of Wins + Quality Starts. I've always hated Wins but didn't see QS as much better, but combining them is such a great idea that I'm surprised no has thought of it sooner. Of course, CBS doesn't have it and likely won't for another 5 years or so but I'll be contacting them to request they add it. Anyone else love this idea?

http://razzball.com/wqs-cole-hamels-...omment-2347010
    Not true. My league began using it last season.

Comment

Seems like you're double-counting the stat which would skew pitching stats a little more in SP's favor. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Comment

This has been discussed on the Rotoworld forums for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
          Not true. My league began using it last season.
          I don't see it listed as a stat on CBS, what's it called?
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbesmonkey View Post
            This has been discussed on the Rotoworld forums for a while now.
            Link?
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Not thrilled about it at all...both starts are very flawed, no reason to award a pitcher for a mediocre outing, IMO. And a 4.50 ERA is a very mediocre to bad outing in this day and age...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                Seems like you're double-counting the stat which would skew pitching stats a little more in SP's favor. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.
                This is true, but it will be more representative of their value and you won't have to worry as much drafting a great one only to have their value severely deflated because of bad luck or a terrible lineup. Also, I think RP values are inflated by projection systems; MRs rarely get drafted in my league yet most projections have a handful as rosterable due to great ratios.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Not thrilled about it at all...both starts are very flawed, no reason to award a pitcher for a mediocre outing, IMO. And a 4.50 ERA is a very mediocre to bad outing in this day and age...
                  Also true, but that will be balanced out by the pitcher not getting the win. Looking at the table in the article, the biggest shifts in ranking were for players like Hamels, who I don't think anyone would argue was not one of the top SPs last season, and Wei-Yin Chen, who no one would argue was a top-10 SP despite having 16 wins.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

I think its a good idea and by combining W and QS in one cat, you dont have to worry about double counting like separate cats for AVG and OBP or HR and SLG. Both of those ideas were floated in my league. :|
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Link?
                      It has been brought up in various threads. Sorry I cannot provide a single link for you.

Comment

I'll be contacting them to request they add it.
                        you can add any custom stat in CBS - the fundamental building blocks for the stat just need to be available. my main league has several hand-crafted stats - we add HBP to WHIP, our relief category is S-BS+Ho/2, ...
                        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                          you can add any custom stat in CBS - the fundamental building blocks for the stat just need to be available. my main league has several hand-crafted stats - we add HBP to WHIP, our relief category is S-BS+Ho/2, ...
                          Ah, thanks!
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Ah, thanks!
                            yeah, many folks don't know this, because CBS doesn't make it easy to do, but if you follow the steps you can get there...
                            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                              yeah, many folks don't know this, because CBS doesn't make it easy to do, but if you follow the steps you can get there...
                              It wasn't difficult, but the 'create custom stat' was far down on the page so I didn't see it until I scrolled down. I gotta give props to CBS on this one since I generally only post complaints.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                              X