Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would you pay for Troy Tulowitzki?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much would you pay for Troy Tulowitzki?

In our 12 team NL only 5x5 he was kept at $40 last year. I am pretty sure he will be put back in the auction. He hasn't seen 500 abs in the last 3 years an only one time in the last 5.

He certainly can be a fantasy monster if he could ever stay healthy.

I think I top out this year at $31 bucks. Anything less and I would be happy, but much more and I would feel like a made a mistake.

What would you pay?

I guess it depends on your own level of risk when forming your team. Myself, I will not even bid on him. Let someone else deal with the headache and reap the rewards. If I were to bid on him I would be right around $25, which probably wouldn't get him.

Comment

$15 in mixed leagues probably. I want the price level to be a point where it does not make my gut wrench. I doubt I get him this year in any league.
      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

He's another player I would only roster at a drastic discount, but at least when he plays it''ll be at an elite level at a weak position. I estimate he's with about $40 over an entire season so I'd likely bow out at $24 (I.e. 60%) because there is very little likelihood for profit beyond that. And the chances he goes that cheap are virtually nil so I don't even consider him as an option.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          He's another player I would only roster at a drastic discount, but at least when he plays it''ll be at an elite level at a weak position. I estimate he's with about $40 over an entire season so I'd likely bow out at $24 (I.e. 60%) because there is very little likelihood for profit beyond that. And the chances he goes that cheap are virtually nil so I don't even consider him as an option.
          The funny thing is: I haven't heard a single person say they will get him in drafts so I honestly don't know WHO is buying. We all think steep discount or pass. Maybe one us of will get lucky.
          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
            The funny thing is: I haven't heard a single person say they will get him in drafts so I honestly don't know WHO is buying. We all think steep discount or pass. Maybe one of will get lucky.
            Maybe, but it only takes one sucker, er, believer.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

A lot more in shallow leagues where the replacement is Erick Aybar or someone like that, compared to NL only where the replacement is Ruben Tejada if you're lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Maybe, but it only takes one sucker, er, believer.
                Umm...I think it takes two in an auction format.

As DJBeasties stated maybe someone gets lucky. In this thread I am trying to see what is the threshold (or $1 over) for what that looks like. I probably fall under the more risk taker side of things. So I know no one is going to get him in our league in the mid 20's unless it is me. But after reading this my threshold is lowered a buck to $30.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Umm...I think it takes two in an auction format.

As DJBeasties stated maybe someone gets lucky. In this thread I am trying to see what is the threshold (or $1 over) for what that looks like. I probably fall under the more risk taker side of things. So I know no one is going to get him in our league in the mid 20's unless it is me. But after reading this my threshold is lowered a buck to $30.
                  I meant it only takes one other person to outbid me or you.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

I'd probably go into the high $20s, but I'd be looking to deal him in June if he's still healthy.
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Tulo will deliver top 5 SS value, even if he only gets 100 games. Add in your replacement value SS, and that's a lot of value in a single slot. I'm not afraid
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I bought him for $43 last year, waived him while on the DL, let him pass through waivers, and reacquired him for a FAAB bid and salary of $29 ($1 more than the highest possible FAAB bid of my opponents) and am pretty happy to keep him at that. I think he earned $20+ in his limited time last season, if he does at least that again, and his replacement gives me a few bucks of value, I break even at least, with the longshot of huge profit if he is healthy longer this season.
                        Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          Tulo will deliver top 5 SS value, even if he only gets 100 games. Add in your replacement value SS, and that's a lot of value in a single slot. I'm not afraid
                          So what would you pay for him at auction this year?

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Totally agree. Tulo plus $1 replacement is still absolutely elite.
                            So how high would you go in an auction this year?

Comment

in a 12 team mixed draft he probably still goes in the first round - probably

Comment

Working...
                              X