3/5 oh oh Hunter Pence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/5 oh oh Hunter Pence

Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that "there seems to be some pessimism" regarding the prognosis of Hunter Pence (hand).
    Pence underwent X-rays after having to leave Thursday's Cactus League game following a hit by pitch. Schulman cautions that there's no official word yet, but it sounds like he's hearing Pence's hand could be fractured. An update on the outfielder is expected soon.

Crap says this Pence owner.

Preliminary have determined that Hunter Pence has a fractured left forearm.
    The Giants are still awaiting X-ray results that they anticipate will confirm the diagnosis of the team's doctor. "Doesn't look good," manager Bruce Bochy said. Pence was injured when he was hit by a pitch during Cactus League play on Thursday. There's no timetable yet for how long he'll be out, but obviously he's not going to be ready for Opening Day.
    Source: Andrew Baggarly on Twitter

Comment

Pence non-displaced fracture in left forearm (Ulna bone). Expected out 6-8 weeks. #SFGiants

per giants twitter

Comment

I don't own him but this sucks anyway. He's a good target and that's just one less guy in the high consistency group.
        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

So if he is out 6-8 weeks do you throw him back in auction keeper leagues, keep him, throw him back and rebid?

I am leaning towards just throwing him back.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            So if he is out 6-8 weeks do you throw him back in auction keeper leagues, keep him, throw him back and rebid?

I am leaning towards just throwing him back.
            Depends on what you have him for...missing a month isn't that big a deal unless you're overpaying anyway.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Depends on what you have him for...missing a month isn't that big a deal unless you're overpaying anyway.
              I have him at the league fair price of $31. NL only 5x5 keeper.

I am kind of thinking he doesn't go for more in the auction. So that means throw back.

Comment

I wouldn't keep him at 31 in an NL only 5x5
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  I have him at the league fair price of $31. NL only 5x5 keeper.

I am kind of thinking he doesn't go for more in the auction. So that means throw back.
                  Yeah, I'm with that thinking. if you want him, toss him back, and feel good when you land him for $10 less.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                    Yeah, I'm with that thinking. if you want him, toss him back, and feel good when you land him for $10 less.
                    Agreed. Would be a no-brainer decision in my league, whose owners are extremely averse to players who will start the season on the DL.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                    X