Who do you like? Teheran or Salazar? 5x5 mixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you like? Teheran or Salazar? 5x5 mixed

It's a 5x5 Mixed league. I traded for Salazar, because I really love his upside and think he has great potential for a breakout in 2015. So, I was happy to have him as on my freeze roster for this year. Then, today, I got an offer of Teheran. I was not expecting that, since I thought the Teheran owner was really stuck on him.

Salazar is $8B, meaning he's $8 for the next two years. Teheran is $5C, meaning he is $5 for 2015, but I can extend him, making him $10 for 2015 and 2016.

The only thing that worries me is that during his mega-breakout year of 2014 he threw over 200 innings at a very tender age of I think 23. Salazar still hasn't thrown a full big league season, and is 25.

Proven performance. Or bright shiny toy and gaudy K/9 ratio.

Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.

Teheran pretty easily for me.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Teheran for me, and it's a quick choice. He's not quite an ace, but he's close to it and he pitches in the NL.

Comment

Wow, three opinions I respect, all strongly in accord. Thanks for the help, guys.

Comment

I agree on taking the proven performer in Teheran at $10 for 2 years.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm the new Salazar owner. If they were both B contracts, I would have stayed put, but I think Salazar takes that step forward this year and I end up extending him to $13 through 2017.

Comment

Yeah, getting a trade offer from a fantasy baseball expert is always a little intimidating. You always suspect there is something there you are just not seeing, which is why I brought it to the board.

I still love Salazar, and he fit into my scheme of loading up on pitchers with crazy upside. I still have a few guys in that category, though.

Comment

Our Salazar owner is offering him for trade. But he is $24. I have a hard time trading anything for the right to pay $24 for him. Maybe if he was $10.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky;213934[B
                  ]Yeah, getting a trade offer from a fantasy baseball expert is always a little intimidating[/B]. You always suspect there is something there you are just not seeing, which is why I brought it to the board.

I still love Salazar, and he fit into my scheme of loading up on pitchers with crazy upside. I still have a few guys in that category, though.
                  we made a trade?
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                    Yeah, getting a trade offer from a fantasy baseball expert is always a little intimidating. You always suspect there is something there you are just not seeing, which is why I brought it to the board.

we made a trade?
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      we made a trade?
                      Still too intimidating. You bestride our league like a colossus.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                        Still too intimidating. You bestride our league like a colossus.
                        somehow getting trout at 15 and Gomez at 5 two years ago helps with the bestriding............

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                        X