2K15 NL Only Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K15 NL Only Keepers

It's that time again to try to figure out what to do with my team. It's a 12 team 5x5 (normal cats with K/IP) NL only, $265 budget. We draft 10 pitchers but the hitter positions are the normal. We can keep 12, there is no minimum. A = goes into second year, B = option year, F = can be kept just this year only. What do you guys think?

Jordan Pacheco 1A
    Yasmani Grandal 9A
    Brayan Pena 2A
    Nolan Arenado 5B
    Justin Turner 10F
    Javier Baez 10A
    Cliff Pennington 1A
    Jhonny Peralta 14A
    Charlie Blackmon 3A
    Carl Crawford 20A
    Juan Lagares 7A
    Alex Torres 5A
    Cole Hamels 23A
    Cory Luebke 1A
    Dan Haren 6A
    John Axford 10F
    Neil Ramirez 10F
    Odrisamer Despaigne 10F
    Tanner Roark 5A
    Tim Lincecum 10A
    Trevor Rosenthal 14B
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Jordan Pacheco 1A Nah
    Yasmani Grandal 9A Yes
    Brayan Pena 2A Borderline
    Nolan Arenado 5B Yes. Extend to 10 not 15.
    Justin Turner 10F No
    Javier Baez 10A Try to trade him.
    Cliff Pennington 1A Not really a fan even at 1
    Jhonny Peralta 14A Keep
    Charlie Blackmon 3A Keep keep keep
    Carl Crawford 20A Keep
    Juan Lagares 7A Keep
    Alex Torres 5A No
    Cole Hamels 23A Keep unless trade to AL kills you
    Cory Luebke 1A Keep given k/9
    Dan Haren 6A Meh. Probably drop but in that park could be ok.
    John Axford 10F drop
    Neil Ramirez 10F drop at that price
    Odrisamer Despaigne 10F drop
    Tanner Roark 5A love him but drop given price unless role changes before auction
    Tim Lincecum 10A drop
    Trevor Rosenthal 14B keep don't extend

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      Jordan Pacheco 1A Nah
      Yasmani Grandal 9A Yes
      Brayan Pena 2A Borderline
      Justin Turner 10F No
      Javier Baez 10A Try to trade him.
      Cliff Pennington 1A Not really a fan even at 1
      Jhonny Peralta 14A Keep
      Charlie Blackmon 3A Keep keep keep
      Carl Crawford 20A Keep
      Juan Lagares 7A Keep
      Alex Torres 5A No
      Cole Hamels 23A Keep unless trade to AL kills you
      Cory Luebke 1A Keep given k/9
      Dan Haren 6A Meh. Probably drop but in that park could be ok.
      John Axford 10F drop
      Tanner Roark 5A love him but drop given price unless role changes before auction
      Tim Lincecum 10A drop
      Mostly agree but wouldn't keep Luebke. Given K/9 I'd rather have a good MR than a 2-time TJ guy with a million guys competing for his rotation spot. I would keep Haren though. If he pitches I think he does well. And I am definitely keeping Roark even if he's the 6th starter. I just think there's too much upside.

Comment

Jordan Pacheco 1A Dump
        Yasmani Grandal 9A Keep
        Brayan Pena 2A Dump. You might end up buying him back at $2 if you like him.
        Nolan Arenado 5B Extend to 15.
        Justin Turner 10F Dump
        Javier Baez 10A Try to trade him. <-- Good idea
        Cliff Pennington 1A Dump
        Jhonny Peralta 14A Keep
        Charlie Blackmon 3A Keep
        Carl Crawford 20A Dump
        Juan Lagares 7A Keep
        Alex Torres 5A Dump
        Cole Hamels 23A Keep
        Cory Luebke 1A Dump
        Dan Haren 6A Dump
        John Axford 10F Dump
        Neil Ramirez 10F Dump
        Odrisamer Despaigne 10F Dump
        Tanner Roark 5A Keep. What are the odds that all 5 Nats starters stay healthy? He'll get plenty of starts. Plus future value.
        Tim Lincecum 10A Dump.
        Trevor Rosenthal 14B keep but don't extend closers unless they are super-elite. He's not.

Comment

I had a pretty tough off season, I lost Eovaldi, Medlen and Taveras.

I have been a fan of Luebke and at a buck you can't do much more and there is good upside.

I would be screwed if Hamels gets traded to the AL but I feel like I still need to keep him.

JC is probably right that Haren is a keeper. He's not exciting or sexy but he'll earn $6.

I think I have to keep Roark, too much skill to not keep.

I am having a hard time deciding on the extension for Arenado. I am a huge fan but $15 does eat into his profit.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Jordan Pacheco 1A nope
            Yasmani Grandal 9A should be worth it
            Brayan Pena 2A nope
            Nolan Arenado 5B would extend to 15, may be only worth 17 or 18 this year but I think will double value by 3rd yr
            Justin Turner 10F nope
            Javier Baez 10A Everyone says trade but what are you going to get, trade value seems to be low, keep and hope he turns into something good. it he has a good first half that may be the time to say goodbye.
            Cliff Pennington 1A no
            Jhonny Peralta 14A shoud be worth a few bucks more than this
            Charlie Blackmon 3A This is a guy whose trade value will never be more than this and at this price he'd be the guy I'd look to deal as your keepers seem weak for a 12 keeper league.
            Carl Crawford 20A Should show a profit if he can stay healthy
            Juan Lagares 7A I think he will double this investment
            Alex Torres 5A no
            Cole Hamels 23A You've acknowledged you lose him if he goes to AL. Is he worth 23 units in 4 months? I'd be trying to pair him with blackmon and get a great return. If not tradeable I'd probably throw him back and keep the bucks even though u have him below value.
            Cory Luebke 1A two TJ surgery's how much more than this would he go for if u throw him back? You never know what u might get with this open spot in the auction.
            Dan Haren 6A could be worth twice this could be worth half or worse if heart isn't in it. any chance of moving him?
            John Axford 10F no way
            Neil Ramirez 10F not at this price
            Odrisamer Despaigne 10F no thanks
            Tanner Roark 5A I wouldn't he may drop to dollar days if you really like him with the big 5 in front
            Tim Lincecum 10A no sir
            Trevor Rosenthal 14B Risky but have to keep him at that price

Comment

Jordan Pacheco 1A - a utility option for the dbacks, pass
              Yasmani Grandal 9A - I don't think he's the everyday starter but he should play enough to earn his salary, keep
              Brayan Pena 2A - pass, he's okay but you won't have to beat this price to get him back
              Nolan Arenado 5B - keep and extend, I think he has the ability to become a 20-25 dollar player n the next year or two, 15c2017 works
              Justin Turner 10F - pass, he won't likely hit like that again
              Javier Baez 10A - keep, you could still probably get a lot for him but I'd give him a year to adjust
              Cliff Pennington 1A - pass, Ahmed and Lamb will eat into his at-bats if Hill is healthy and Tomas is at third.
              Jhonny Peralta 14A - keep, he's almost underrated
              Charlie Blackmon 3A - keep, even if he comes back to earth, the thin air and lots of at-bats will ensure lots of profit.
              Carl Crawford 20A - keep, if he stays healthy there is a small profit here
              Juan Lagares 7A - I am not convinced he can hit but he earned twice this salary in 2014.
              Alex Torres 5A - pass, you can do better in the MR dept
              Cole Hamels 23A - keep, I have a feeling he won't be traded
              Cory Luebke 1A - pass, too much competition after too many injuries
              Dan Haren 6A - worth it but you may be able to use the salary and roster spot better
              John Axford 10F - not unless he becomes a closer before the draft and even then you'd have to think about it
              Neil Ramirez 10F - pass, I like him but you can get him cheaper than this and keep him longer.
              Odrisamer Despaigne 10F - I like him to but a ton of competition and an uncertain role, pass
              Tanner Roark 5A - keep, no doubt
              Tim Lincecum 10A - pass, I bet his price goes down another couple of bucks
              Trevor Rosenthal 14B - keep, no extension

Comment

Jordan Pacheco 1A No
                Yasmani Grandal 9A Yes
                Brayan Pena 2A No
                Justin Turner 10F No
                Javier Baez 10A I'd try and deal him, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if I had to keep him at 10, either.
                Cliff Pennington 1A No.
                Jhonny Peralta 14A Keep
                Charlie Blackmon 3A Keep
                Carl Crawford 20A This guy is fantasy life-sucking poison. Put him out there and hope someone grabs him at 20 or more.
                Juan Lagares 7A Keep
                Alex Torres 5A No
                Cole Hamels 23A Keep; might as well roll the dice
                Cory Luebke 1A Nope.
                Dan Haren 6A Keep.
                John Axford 10F drop
                Tanner Roark 5A Keep. He returns double even in a MR/swing role, if anyone gets hurt, you win big.
                Tim Lincecum 10A drop
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I had my draft this weekend and I don't think it went well. My offense sucks and there's a pretty obvious reason why. I spent a ton on pitching this was actually by design because we have a three year pot where we add up all the stats every three years and have a champion for that three year period. We are entering the last year of this race and I am half a point out of first and my offense is good but my pitching needs work. I am also worried losing Hamels to the AL so I wanted to really bolster my pitching staff. I definitely accomplished that. What pissed me off was the fact that I left $8 on the table. I could have had better players than the $1 scrubs I picked up though I kind of like the guys I got I just wish I got better players.

Yasmani Grandal LAD 9B
                  Brayan Pena Cin 1A
                  Adam Lind Mil 19A
                  Ian Stewart Was 1A
                  Nolan Arenado Col 15C17
                  Javier Baez ChC 10B
                  Daniel Descalso Col 1A
                  Jhonny Peralta StL 14B
                  Hunter Pence SF 23A
                  Peter Bourjos StL 3A
                  Charlie Blackmon Col 3B
                  Carl Crawford LAD 20B
                  Juan Lagares NYM 7B
                  Kyle Parker Col 1A

Cory Luebke SD 1B
                  Tanner Roark Was 5B
                  Alex Wood Atl 25A
                  Hunter Strickland SF 1A
                  Cole Hamels Phi 23B
                  Trevor Rosenthal StL 14C15
                  Gio Gonzalez Was 22A
                  Madison Bumgarner SF 32A
                  Juan Nicasio LAD 1A
                  Dan Haren Mia 6B

Rio Ruiz Atl 10M
                  Corey Seager LAD 10M
                  Austin Meadows Pit 10M
                  Lucas Giolito Was 5M
                  Tyler Glasnow Pit 3M

What do you guys think? Go ahead, rip is apart I won't be offended.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

It's ok not great. Understand the focus on pitching, though I don't look at this roster and say "wow, it dominates pitching categories". Bigger concern is probably the lack of thump. Particularly acute in the OF. Lots of guys with similar profile (some wheels, decent BA, should score runs). But not much HR/RBI potential. I would try to flip one OF and one SP for a stronger OF and weaker SP.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                      It's ok not great. Understand the focus on pitching, though I don't look at this roster and say "wow, it dominates pitching categories". Bigger concern is probably the lack of thump. Particularly acute in the OF. Lots of guys with similar profile (some wheels, decent BA, should score runs). But not much HR/RBI potential. I would try to flip one OF and one SP for a stronger OF and weaker SP.
                      Yeah, I am short on power, that's for sure. I need to work on plugging the holes and I hope to do that as teams start to look towards next year. That's really how trades are made in this league. If I were to trade a SP it would defeat the purpose of drafting them in the first place. I knew I'd be short on hitting so it makes no sense to improve it at the expense of the pitching. I think that in a 12 team NL only league Hamels, Bumgarner, Wood and Gonzalez is an impressive collection of starting pitchers. Especially if Roark somehow finds his way into the rotation.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Yeah, I think you overkilled starting pitching at the expense of all your hitting. You're right about an impressive array of SPs - you definitely have that. But the $25 on Alex Wood and the $8 you left on the table add up to a pretty impressive hitter and a decent $1-3 MR who wouldn't hurt you.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Yeah, I think you overkilled starting pitching at the expense of all your hitting. You're right about an impressive array of SPs - you definitely have that. But the $25 on Alex Wood and the $8 you left on the table add up to a pretty impressive hitter and a decent $1-3 MR who wouldn't hurt you.
                          Yeah, I know. I don't mind getting those pitchers and I agree I could have had a more balanced team but I felt I needed to focus on certain categories for the three year race. I'll dangle Baez and see if I can get two hitters that can't be kept to improve my offense. There are a few teams that have already made it known that they drafted looking for next year. I'm pretty furious at myself for leaving that money on the table.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                          X