No announcement yet.

2K15 AL Only Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont get hung up on whether you are considering too many raised FOR PITCHERS... focus more on the value created and what it wold cost to replace those players next year and the year after.

In a 5x5, I believe you HAVE TO extend Archer, Gray and Feliz. Gray for two years. Two years on Gray seems a no-brainer to me... he is worth $13 all day long!! Additionally, you wont have to pay $20 to replace Archer next year... or $17 to replace Feliz.

As far as your minor leagues, I'd probably keep #5 and throw in Zimmer as a sweetener. If I commit $10 to a minor leaguer I want it to be a bat.

Anyway, thats what I would do... good luck!

Comment

I had my draft this past weekend. I saved $5 on Wieters, hopefully he actually plays this year. Matt Moore is pure trade bait, I hope he'd not on my team by May. I think I'll be good on power but could use some more speed. On the pitching side I need another closer.

Matt Wieters Bal 12A
      Josh Thole Tor 1A
      Chris Davis Bal 19C16
      Prince Fielder Tex 28A
      Conor Gillaspie CWS 7B
      Rougned Odor Tex 10B
      Nick Franklin TB 7A
      Erick Aybar LAA 17B
      Oswaldo Arcia Min 10C15
      Kole Calhoun LAA 28A
      Leonys Martin Tex 15C16
      Austin Jackson Sea 23A
      Josh Reddick Oak 10A
      Mitch Moreland Tex 13A

Jake Odorizzi TB 5B
      Matt Moore TB 9A
      Cam Bedrosian LAA 1A
      Michael Pineda NYY 4C15
      Carlos Carrasco Cle 10C15
      Sonny Gray Oak 13C17
      Chris Archer TB 10C16
      Josh Fields Hou 3A
      Neftali Feliz Tex 5C15
      Roberto Osuna Tor 1A

My minor leaguers are:

Carlos Correa Hou 10M
      Blake Swihart Box 5M
      Raul Mondesi KC 3M
      Yoan Moncada 10M
      Nomar Mazara 10M

Let me know what you guys think.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Big difference between your NL and AL teams. Love this team. Lot of balance and strength across categories. Well done!! And awesome farm system!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          Big difference between your NL and AL teams. Love this team. Lot of balance and strength across categories. Well done!! And awesome farm system!
          Thanks! My NL team took a huge hit since I love Taveras.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Your minors are absolutely stacked. Wow.

Having Chris Davis, I'd have gone for a more sure thing than Prince Fielder for $28 as my other CI. I'm not fond of AJackson at $23, either.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post

Having Chris Davis, I'd have gone for a more sure thing than Prince Fielder for $28 as my other CI. I'm not fond of AJackson at $23, either.
              My minor league system is the product of not having a good team the last few years. I had the first and fifth picks this year and got Moncada and Maraza.

I understand that concern with Fielder but I just feeling like he's going to have a nice bounce back year. Jackson was sort of a price enforcing mistake. I like him but didn't really want to spend that much on him.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                I had forgotten that I had Addison Russell last year until he was traded to the Cubs. To think I could have had him instead of Mazara with those other four. AND I foolishly traded Joey Gallo before the season started last year because I had no room for him.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Just a thought...extending a player can really suck the profit out of him. If your extensions work like ours, adding a year will cost you $8 for this year and $8 for the added year, which really means $13 for the added year. The second year would cost another $5 for this year, the first extension year and the second extension year, making his salary $13 each of the three years. That means that last year is costing you $26. And if you are in a league like mine, once you extend a player, you're stuck with his contract, or you have to buy your way out of it.

I don't go over a year on pitchers. They have a lot of moving parts that tend to break.

But I don't know much about this particular guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                    Just a thought...extending a player can really suck the profit out of him. If your extensions work like ours, adding a year will cost you $8 for this year and $8 for the added year, which really means $13 for the added year. The second year would cost another $5 for this year, the first extension year and the second extension year, making his salary $13 each of the three years. That means that last year is costing you $26. And if you are in a league like mine, once you extend a player, you're stuck with his contract, or you have to buy your way out of it.

I don't go over a year on pitchers. They have a lot of moving parts that tend to break.

But I don't know much about this particular guy.
                    It's $5 a year and the prices don't go up once you have given him the extension. It's all academic because it's a done deal. The draft was last weekend.

On a side note; drafting a week before the season starts in a deep league like this is just awful. Especially as the commissioner. I spent all last week worrying about generating the best rosters for us to draft off I didn't get any time to do any draft prep. Funny story about that, when Wieters came up the bidding was moving up slowly and I was waiting for it to die down before I made a bid. It gets up to $11 and the guy next to me says, "his career could be over, he may never catch again." I say, "What? Where did you hear that?" Then I hear "Going Twice" and I speak up with a "Twelve!" I've checked an I know he has tendinitis but I haven't heard anything that dire about him.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

In one of my leagues we have a gentleman's agreement that nobody talks about a player's health, religion, politics or sexual orientation once the auction has commenced. Giving false information, or giving information selectively, can lead to hard feelings.

So how does your extension rule work? And what did you do with Sonny Gray? I'm very curious.

Comment

In one of my leagues we have a gentleman's agreement that nobody talks about a player's health, religion, politics or sexual orientation once the auction has commenced. Giving false information, or giving information selectively, can lead to hard feelings.

So how does your extension rule work? And what did you do with Sonny Gray? I'm very curious.
                        We don't have a rule like that, but false info is clearly bad form/mojo.

Comment

I think it's the typical rules, going into the third year you can give the player a $5 per year raise. So a player like Gray was $3 going into the third year. Adding $5 would mean I could keep him through 2016 at $8. I decided to give him $10 and keep him through 2017. If I want to break the contract I would lose $3 per year remaining on the contract off my draft day budget. I know extending pitchers is risky but I took the chance that he will be healthy and that he will continue to get better and a $20+ pitcher.

We have a no internet rule once the draft has started but people tend to make comments about players. No one does anything dishonest. I think he actually read what he said. He clarified to say that he might have to DH going forward and not be able to catch. We do discuss injuries often because right after the draft you are allowed to replace an injured player with a free agent without having to use your FAAB but the player does not have a salary and can't be kept.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

So far so good with my pitching staff. I have a team ERA of 2.67 good for first place; second place is 3.76. I don't think I've ever seen such a large ERA lead. I know it's still early and I've probably jinked myself.

Prince Fielder has also worked out pretty well so far.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                            X