Total N00B question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total N00B question

I am really new to fantasy baseball and this site (love both so far!) but I have to ask a question. I see posts where people lists names followed by numbers, what do the numbers mean? I thought it was their jersey but that doesn't fit right....what am I missing? Please don't flame me, I'm new....
    Here is an example:

SS - Alcides Escobar 3
    MI - Peralta 5
    CI - Garrett Jones 1
    OF - Bruce 32

Thanks!

Originally posted by Nyghtspydr View Post
    I am really new to fantasy baseball and this site (love both so far!) but I have to ask a question. I see posts where people lists names followed by numbers, what do the numbers mean? I thought it was their jersey but that doesn't fit right....what am I missing? Please don't flame me, I'm new....
    Here is an example:

SS - Alcides Escobar 3
    MI - Peralta 5
    CI - Garrett Jones 1
    OF - Bruce 32

Thanks!
    Most guys here play in an auction league. You get a payroll of X amount of dollars and you bid on players. It's different from a draft where you select players in order.

Those numbers are the player salary they bought them for at auction.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Oh yeah, now that completely makes sense! Once again, you have answered my question Gwynn! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X