PONY Keepers 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PONY Keepers 2015

Not a great list. 15 teams, mixed, 23-man rosters, standard 2 catchers 5x5. Can keep up to 10:

Almost definite keepers:
    2B Altuve $10 g15
    RP Cody Allen $1 o16
    SP Sonny Gray $5 o16
    OF Pence $22 o15
    SP J Zimmermann $21 o16
    SS Desmond $20 o15

And then up to 4 of these guys:
    2B Joe Panik $5 o16
    SS Jed Lowrie $3 o15
    SS Hanley $32 o15
    SP Wade Miley $6 o16
    1B CJ Cron $5 o17
    C Jason Castro $1 o15
    SP Jon Niese $1 o16
    RP Street $17 o15
    RP Latroy Hawkins $5 o15
    SP Greinke $25 o16
    OF Cutch $44 o16
    OF Jon Jay $3 o16

I can honestly see an argument for any of them. Or none of them.

Jon Jay immediately jumps out at me as a must keep from that bunch. At least in my league he would but we do 5 OF and 3 Util's.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

To your original 6 i would add:
      Castro
      Cutch
      Greinke
      Street

A little pricey, but that will give you two great players each at MI, OF, SP, and RP going into the draft. Castro is a nice #2 catcher for a buck. Though with only $94 left for 13 players you may end up with two #2 catchers.
      Last edited by madducks; 03-01-2015, 01:47 PM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I know you just traded Desmond for Ozuna and McCarthy. That will help your salary and keeper numbers but may allow you to keep a higher salary player that Madducks mentioned. I also agree that for $1 catcher Castro is a good keep. Is he one of the the best 32 catchers? I think so and you get him for the minimum.
        Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
        Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Yes, just traded Desmond for a $4 Ozuna and a $5 McCarthy. Leaving me with this:

Almost definite keepers:
          2B Altuve $10 g15
          RP Cody Allen $1 o16
          SP Sonny Gray $5 o16
          OF Pence $22 o15
          SP J Zimmermann $21 o16
          OF M Ozuna $4 o16
          SP B Mccarthy $5 o16

And then up to 3 of these guys:
          2B Joe Panik $5 o16
          SS Jed Lowrie $3 o15
          SS Hanley $32 o15
          SP Wade Miley $6 o16
          1B CJ Cron $5 o17
          C Jason Castro $1 o15
          SP Jon Niese $1 o16
          RP Street $17 o15
          RP Latroy Hawkins $5 o15
          SP Greinke $25 o16
          OF Cutch $44 o16
          OF Jon Jay $3 o16

Probably won't keep Grienke now with 3 other SPs. I am leaning towards Hanley over Lowrie. That would also give me 2 slots for Castro and Jay maybe? I just don't know if those guys are significantly above replacement level.

Comment

In a 2-catcher league mixed 15-team league I think Castro is basically replacement level actually. That said, I'd keep him to get to 10 if you had no other option as the opportunity cost is pretty low (in terms of what you'll get better for $1). I'd save your $5 on Hawkins and use it buy Ottavino and another speculative player.

Add in Cutch (he'd go for >$50 I'd think) and Hanley and call it a day. Won't have much $ at auction though but 15 is not that deep so keep your studs imo.

Comment

Hanley, Greinke, and Castro would be the three that I'd keep, in reverse order. Castro, in a 2-catcher league, is a slam-dunk keep to me. Keep Greinke and you have a dominant starting pitching staff; add in Cody Allen at a buck, and you have a great start on saves. Hanley's the only one I'd hesitate on since he's such a wild card in games played. But he's in a pretty loaded lineup now, and LF in Boston isn't that tough to play.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Are there any openings for 2015? Former champion Beagle Pit misses you guys!

Comment

Working...
                X