Rosenthal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosenthal

NL 10 team keeper league with 25 man rosters.

I have Rosenthal at $2 in his option year. If I bump him one year, I will have him at $7 for two years. Our league has historically overvalued closers. I also have Casilla at $11 who I will be keeping. My question is keep Rosie at $2 and let him go after this year or tie him up for $7 for two years. My inclination is to let him go after this year given his control problems last year, but if he reverts to 2013 control he could be a dominant closer for years to come. Thought a sanity check was in order.

an edit: if I extend he gets a guaranteed contract that costs $50 to break
    Last edited by FBP; 03-01-2015, 01:43 PM.

It's 7 bucks. I think he's worth the gamble. I would do the 1-year extension.

Comment

7 bucks
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

One other fact: if I extend he gets a guaranteed contract that costs $50 to break

Comment

Originally posted by FBP View Post
          One other fact: if I extend he gets a guaranteed contract that costs $50 to break
          Or 7 roto dollars. Which isn't much in the grand scheme of things. I'm not generally a big extension guy but for the 1-3 dollar guy who becomes 6-8 for 2 years, I think those guys are worth the gamble just because the risk is so low.

Comment

I agree with JC. The difference between $2 and $7 is negligible when you are talking about closers with track records. He could certainly fail (so many of them do), but that's an easy call.

Comment

Extend a year for sure. If your league overvalues closers, at worst he'll be a very good trade chip for you.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I think $7 is the answer as well.
                Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Working...
                X