2k16: Chris Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k16: Chris Sale

Chris Sale suffered an avulsion fracture on his right foot in an accident at his home yesterday. He is expected to be sidelined 3 weeks.

Washing his truck?
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Most likely keeping him at $29 in PONY (15 team mixed 5x5 standard). Should this concern me much?
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I was surfing fangraphs today and came upon the Chris Sale page. Using their fastball speed charts, sale had an average:

- 95.9 mph in his rookie season of 2010

- 91.3 mph two seasons later (2012)

- 89.9 mph three seasons later (2015)

That, my roto friends, is significant decrease of speed.

That said, he lead the american league in strike outs this past season with 274.

Has he turned into the a.l. version of Greg Maddux ?

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
          I was surfing fangraphs today and came upon the Chris Sale page. Using their fastball speed charts, sale had an average:

- 95.9 mph in his rookie season of 2010

- 91.3 mph two seasons later (2012)

- 89.9 mph three seasons later (2015)

That, my roto friends, is significant decrease of speed.

That said, he lead the american league in strike outs this past season with 274.

Has he turned into the a.l. version of Greg Maddux ?
          Check out the next column and you won't be so concerned -- his mph on his 2-seamer is fine.
          Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Career high in innings, K/9 and K/BB. An amazing 5 year trend of improving K/BB... 2.93, 3.76, 4.91, 5.33, 6.52.

His win totals the last 3 years were 11, 12 and 13. Maybe having Frazier and Lawrie makes the White Sox offense a little less awful?

Comment

I'd like to see them get another bullpen arm. I'm afraid every time he goes out they will leave him in too long and want to go Sale-Robertson.
              Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                I'd like to see them get another bullpen arm. I'm afraid every time he goes out they will leave him in too long and want to go Sale-Robertson.
                Not as bad as you might think...they got Nate Jones back from TJ late last year and he pitched well. He'll probably be the 8th inning guy...just got signed to a 3 year deal for 8 million.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

My bigger concern is the volume of inning that bullpen is likely to pitch this year. Not sure you'll see many games pitched into the 7th outside of Sale and Quintana. You might be better off making them #'s 1 and 3 to spread out the work of the bullpen. Not a fan of Danks, and Rondon has to get his pitch count down. He only pitched into the 7th five times (although all of them came in Aug/Sept. so there's hope).
                  Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Working...
                  X