Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL-only extension decisions

12 team NL-only, 5x5.

$5 per year of extension. So Byrd would be $1 for this year only, $6 through 2016, etc.

1) Marlon Byrd $1

2) Wilmer Flores $4

3) Shelby Miller $1

4) Kolten Wong $2

I'm leaning everyone one year extension (+$5 through 2016) except Wong two year extension.

---Byrd, Flores, Miller might each suck.
    ---Byrd K'd so much; he could be done?
    ---Not extending the young Flores and Miller could be mistakes as their 2016 value might be more than their 2015 value.

what's the penalty for cutting a guy after extending him?
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

No penalty whatsoever. So if I were to extend Miller to $6, for example, and he absolutely stinks this year, I need not keep him next year; I just would've cost myself $5 of my $260 auction budget this year. $5 isn't completely trivial as a $20 OF is better than $15, a $6 is better than a $1, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
        No penalty whatsoever. So if I were to extend Miller to $6, for example, and he absolutely stinks this year, I need not keep him next year; I just would've cost myself $5 of my $260 auction budget this year. $5 isn't completely trivial as a $20 OF is better than $15, a $6 is better than a $1, etc.
        With this, I'd extend Miller for a year and Wong for two. And just keep the others at their prices.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
        X