Pitcher Drop Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitcher Drop Help

Hey I was reading a thread earlier about Cory Luebke (Padres-RP) and I am watching him now against the Dodgers, and I have to say that I agree with the posters in that thread that said he will be a great asset to have later on this year. I was wondering if it would be worth it to drop the one pitcher on my league who has been failing me so far:
    Madison Bumgarner
    Yeah, World Series Champ, blah blah blah...but he has had a horrible start so far.....is it worth it to drop him to pick up a hot prospect? Not a keeper league, just a free Yahoo league.
    What do you all think? Poll with this question above.
    Madison Bumgarner
    0%
    Cory Luebke
    0%

Originally posted by Nyghtspydr
    Hey I was reading a thread earlier about Cory Luebke (Padres-RP) and I am watching him now against the Dodgers, and I have to say that I agree with the posters in that thread that said he will be a great asset to have later on this year. I was wondering if it would be worth it to drop the one pitcher on my league who has been failing me so far:
    Madison Bumgarner
    Yeah, World Series Champ, blah blah blah...but he has had a horrible start so far.....is it worth it to drop him to pick up a hot prospect? Not a keeper league, just a free Yahoo league.
    What do you all think? Poll with this question above.
    Stay with Bumgarner, 100%

Comment

Can you provide any reasons why to stay with Bummy? I mean, a lot of people are talking about Luebke, and saying why people should watch him, so I am wondering what makes Bummy so special.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyghtspydr View Post
        Can you provide any reasons why to stay with Bummy? I mean, a lot of people are talking about Luebke, and saying why people should watch him, so I am wondering what makes Bummy so special.
        As a Padre fan and a Luebke owner, I'd keep Bumgarner over Luebke. Sure Luebke has potential, but he's no assured of a rotation spot and that's where his value lies. Latos returns Monday giving the Padres their starting 5. Madison has his gig as the #4 in a great rotation in SF. Luebke may prove to be better in the long run (that's the years he spends with the Padres), but if you're asking about right now and this season-- I'd take Bumgarner.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yeah, good information, I guess I will keep Bummy, but I will most definitely keep Luebke on my Watchlist.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyghtspydr View Post
            Yeah, good information, I guess I will keep Bummy, but I will most definitely keep Luebke on my Watchlist.
            If there's someone less consequential you can drop to get him, then go for it. He just won't be much of a factor outside NL onlys till later this season.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

If you want to lose a whole day, read paul's guide to starting pitchers. One thing he preaches- which I've always followed- is getting high k/9 pitchers who also throw groundballs. Add in a pitchers park like AT&T and you have a real asset. That's Bumgarner.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                If you want to lose a whole day, read paul's guide to starting pitchers. One thing he preaches- which I've always followed- is getting high k/9 pitchers who also throw groundballs. Add in a pitchers park like AT&T and you have a real asset. That's Bumgarner.
                That's also Luebke, but Bum is farther along right now. About 2 years ahead.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                X