Last Keeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Keeper

Yeah, we're dealing with the big time now. 5x5 (OBP not average), 12 team, NL-Only, $280 for 25 players instead of the usual $260 for 23. Down to my 15th keeper. Other keepers are Adrian Gonzalez, Goldschmidt, Jhonny Peralta, Kemp, Dom Brown, Revere, Michael Taylor, Zack Wheeler, Chapman, Cishek, Ian Kennedy, deGrom, Alex Wood, AJ Ramos (for my Cishek insurance, especially with K-Rod signed elsewhere).

Choice for last keeper:

Kevin Quackenbush $5
    Gregor Blanco $2
    Junior Lake $2

In the alternative, I could toss back an MLE Ryan McMahon or Alen Hanson, move Michael Taylor to an MLE spot and keep two of the above if that option seems better to y'all.

Thanks in advance for the opinions on such a high-stakes decision.

Quack for saves potential.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

lake is brutal on OBP. blanco is intriguing. not guaranteed PT, but given pagan and aoki's injury histories, he'll probably bet plenty. for me, it's a tossup between he and quackenbush.
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

No way on Lake - he'll just destroy your OBP if he gets ABs. I'd go with Quack here, though I'd not argue with keeping Blanco as he'll still probably get 10-15 SBs and for $2 that isn't bad.

Just don't keep Lake.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I would lean toward Quackenbush as well
          Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
          Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

I'm thinking Maurer is a better bet for saves than Quackenbush. Lake is brutal. Blanco is so cheap he could be decent.

Comment

I'd take Blanco. SD bullpen has too many possibilities - Maurer, Kelley, and Quack.

Comment

Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Well, but Quack is probably going to be good. Blanco is probably going to either suck or be mediocre again, right? The only area where he's not a drag on your team is SBs and even there he'll only get you a baker's dozen or so.

Shrug. It's your 15th keeper so I guess it doesn't matter all that much. I just figured it's better to go for upside than mediocrity (or worse).
                  He seems a lot less bad in an OBP league, at least to me.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    Well, but Quack is probably going to be good. Blanco is probably going to either suck or be mediocre again, right? The only area where he's not a drag on your team is SBs and even there he'll only get you a baker's dozen or so.

Shrug. It's your 15th keeper so I guess it doesn't matter all that much. I just figured it's better to go for upside than mediocrity (or worse).
                    Quackenbush is most likely the Padres closer in 2016 and should grab a save or 4 this season with the chance for more if Benoit falters or gets injured.

I'd keep Quackenbush.

If only because his name is cool.
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                    X