No announcement yet.

Michael Saunders: Torn Meniscus (2/24)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Saunders: Torn Meniscus (2/24)

out until the All-Star Break. Who fills in for him until then?

if nothing changes my guess is some combination of Kevin Pillar & Ezequiel Carrera. Carrera could be a source of cheap SBs early on in deep leagues.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Further cementing PomPay as the full time cf. Could he reach 30 bases from the bottom of the order ?

Comment

I hear that the Red Sox have a lot of outfielders. I know that it's the same division, but any chance that they make a run Shane Victorino? If not, Dayan Viciedo is still looking for a home.

Comment

The Padres also make sense as a trade partner.

Comment

there's not a lot to give up, and any trade will have to be revenue-neutral at best (there's a reason we haven't signed any bullpen arms). I'm not expecting anything significant ... maybe AA will pick up someone who is a late spring cut.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

That's 1+ WAR lost (i.e. at least 1 win) if Saunders is gone half the year and with no obvious replacements in the organization. I don't think the Blue Jays are in a position to give away wins and still be contenders, so you'd think they'd try to get as creative as possible to gain that ground back. I'd try teaching one of the kids a new position (Devon Travis as an outfielder maybe?) Either that or you've got to hope that AA catches lightning in a bottle by sifting through everyone else's DFA detritus at the end of Spring Training.

Comment

Gah...crap. Now I have to figure out if I want to keep him at $4.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

for those keeping track, another familiar name on the list is Andy Dirks, who is recovering from back surgery last year; the Jays signed him to a minor league deal, but he isn't supposed to report to camp (minor league) for another week or so.

Comment

Looks like the surgery found that he didn't tear it completely, and he's now expected to be back sometime in April.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                      I hear that the Red Sox have a lot of outfielders. I know that it's the same division, but any chance that they make a run Shane Victorino? If not, Dayan Viciedo is still looking for a home.
                      And he found one. In Toronto, Minor league deal. http://www.tsn.ca/talent/tempering-y...ciedo-1.219343

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Looks like the surgery found that he didn't tear it completely, and he's now expected to be back sometime in April.
                        The timeline never made sense as a repair takes that long (where they sew the meniscus back together) but at his age that is generally not an option (know from experience). Several years ago Chipper had the same injury and was back in about a month fwiw.

Comment

Working...
                        X