Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldschmidt vs. Kershaw?

Who would you rather have?

Considering how close they are in value, draft position, etc -- In a vacuum, the hitter almost always for me.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

I love Goldschmidt, he's my #1 1B. But, all things being equal, I take Kershaw.

Comment

Kershaw. He is just too much better than every other pitcher.

Comment

I too would lean Kershaw...he is just such a beast. My one worry, not backed up by any research, is that I recall instances when a pitcher has an injury scare, but then somehow UPs his velocity or general stuff, goes off for a career year, but then falls about the next year. That is Kershaw's narrative--he had the foreshadowing of an injury, but then came on to elevate himself form the best in the game to one of the best ever in the game last year. I worry that there is no place to go but down, at least for 2015. Still, what a beast. Hard to pass him up. He is capable of the sort of seasons that you cite decades later, saying, I had that guy that historic year.

Comment

I am so glad that I put this up. I almost didn't because I was sure that I knew what the answer would be. I would have been wrong.

In the past I have gotten cold feet when it comes to expensive pitchers and traded them off before the auction. When I traded for Kershaw this off season I told myself that I would be taking him into the auction pretty much no matter what. Well that old itch is coming back and I am/was thinking about trading him.

Thanks to all for posting their thoughts.

Comment

I hate all pitchers, especially expensive ones. However, I will likely keep Kershaw at $41 in the RJEL. He's worth more than anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                I hate all pitchers, especially expensive ones. However, I will likely keep Kershaw at $41 in the RJEL. He's worth more than anyone else.
                Yep, but I thought if I am going to pay top price for a pitcher it should be Kershaw. Now I am wondering what the Goldy owner would say if I offered him up?

I think I will sit tight.

Comment

Working...
                X