• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Fantasy411 Composite Projections are out

Nice. Thanks, Jason
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Anyone else not able to open the .xlsx file? I'm getting a corrupt file message.

(nevermind - it seems to work if opened or downloaded in my 3rd tier browser - IE, in case that helps anyone else.)

Comment

But I will ask if anyone knows if Lord Zola will be contributing dollar values as he did to last year's composite projections? Those would be nice to peek at for reference.

Comment

Only if he says please...
          Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
            Only if he says please...
            Pleeeeeaaaaassssse?!?

Comment

Any way to open it up without Microsoft office? I got a new computer a few months back, and it doesn't have office on it, and I don't use it enough to warrant actually buying it. Any ideas? Thanks...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Any way to open it up without Microsoft office? I got a new computer a few months back, and it doesn't have office on it, and I don't use it enough to warrant actually buying it. Any ideas? Thanks...
                Maybe someone can save it as a Google doc.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Open Office is free.
                  Thanks Chris, exactly what I needed...
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

nice resource!

i'd go libre office rather than open office, but YMMV.
                    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Just curious, isn't this just reinforcing groupthink? Wouldn't it be preferable to just use the 'best' projections rather than dilute them with 'inferior' ones?
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I saved it as a Google Sheet:

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Just curious, isn't this just reinforcing groupthink? Wouldn't it be preferable to just use the 'best' projections rather than dilute them with 'inferior' ones?
                          when they do post-season comparisons, none stand out as significantly better than the others. at least last time i looked at such a comparison. taking the average of a bunch of projections is like an extra regression. you'll miss the outliers, but you won't be as subject to one particular system.
                          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            Their format is nice. Allows me to modify pretty easily and get to the values calculations that I use.

Comment

As chancellor said, Puhleease, LZ? (thanks)

I use the 411 composites to calculate my own values, but it's always nice to compare to a few different sources and "standard" league values to see where I differ.

Comment

Working...
                              X