AL Keeper Help Requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Keeper Help Requested

Need to decide on my best 9 keeps. Standard 5x5, 10 team league. 14 hitters, 9 pitchers, $260 auction. Players can be kept 3 years and extended for $5. Anybody listed as "B" can be kept for their final year or extended additional years at $5 per:

Sale - b 27
    Aaron Sanchex - a 3
    Betances a 6
    Carasco a 1
    D. Holland a 1
    Pomeranz a 3
    Buehrle a 6
    G. Perkins a 25
    N. Franklin a 2
    Encarnacion 21 - last year of extension
    Avasail Garcia - a 5
    Rasmus b 4
    R Castillo a 6
    D. Santana MINN a 7
    Nelson Cruz a 21
    Jaso a 6

Thanks for your help.

Aaron Sanchex - a 3
    Betances a 6
    Carasco a 1
    D. Holland a 1
    Avasail Garcia - a 5
    R Castillo a 6
    D. Santana MINN a 7
    Nelson Cruz a 21

I could see keeping Sale over someone on this list, probably Avasail.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I had Sale in and Sanchez out on my preliminary list. Obviously if Sanchez is in the mix for saves I would have to find a place for him. For reference, David Price went for $38 last year in the auction.

Comment

Originally posted by mike9289 View Post
        I had Sale in and Sanchez out on my preliminary list. Obviously if Sanchez is in the mix for saves I would have to find a place for him. For reference, David Price went for $38 last year in the auction.
        If Sanchez closes then Sale over Santana. Sale is a no brainer keeper in my opinion.

Comment

I'm with virgonomic here - Avisail goes into the hopper to keep Sale, IMO. Both Avisail and D. Santana come with risks, but I'll take the low end of Santana since he'll at least deliver decent SBs than the low end of Avisail, which could either suck or get under 300 ABs for the 3rd time in 4 years. Avisail's very high ground ball rate combined with his below average speed points to high odds for disaster, even if he can stay healthy. Santana has a much better GB:LD ratio than Avisail, much more speed, dual position eligibility, and he could drop 70 points on his BA and still deliver profit on 7 bucks.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Everybody likes Sanchez? Is that even if he doesn't close?

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Skills, not roles. Sanchez is a great talent who I bet will be in the rotation, not closing anyway. Keeping a top 30 prospect who has a chance at both meaningful late inning work and being in the rotation at only $3 is a nice move, imo.
              Thanks for the reply. That's why I post. Probably wouldn't have kept Sanchez before I made this post.

Comment

Just traded Garcia for a $3 Chase Headley. Any further thoughts with this new addition.

Comment

Nice pickup.

Sale - b 27
                  Aaron Sanchez - a 3
                  Betances a 6
                  Carasco a 1
                  D. Holland a 1
                  R Castillo a 6
                  D. Santana MINN a 7
                  Headley 3

I cut Cruz to keep him. I think Cruz and Sale are the biggest risks to underperform due to injury. Playing in SEA may limit Cruz' power there.

Santana is the other candidate but I like the prospect of 20 SB for $7.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I'd be throwing back Holland. I think you can find similar SPs for a buck in a 10-team AL. I like Santana as an Andrus/Escobar type, .260-.270 with a few HR and 25 steals.

Sale 27
                    Headley 3
                    Betances 6
                    Aaron Sanchez - a 3
                    Carasco a 1
                    R Castillo a 6
                    D. Santana MINN a 7
                    Rasmus 4 or Cruz 21. I would lean towards Rasmus.

Comment

I play in a 10-team AL. I like Derek Holland for $1 quite a bit. I'd keep him over Sanchez (unless he gets the closer job), Rasmus, or Cruz. I'd probably keep Cruz 21 over Rasmus 4, too. I think the $1-pitchers you'll get in auction are, while not terrible, not Derek Holland level.

Comment

Bumping this up to see if the latest news changes anyone's thinking. Sale will miss the start of the season. Castillo could begin season in minors after dealing with an oblique strain. And Sanchez probably has a rotation spot with Stroman out for the year.

Comment

Originally posted by mike9289 View Post
                          Bumping this up to see if the latest news changes anyone's thinking. Sale will miss the start of the season. Castillo could begin season in minors after dealing with an oblique strain. And Sanchez probably has a rotation spot with Stroman out for the year.
                          I'd still be keeping all 3. I think Sale will be his usual self. I think the Sox have too much invested in Castillo not to get him 450 ABs, so he's worth 6. And while I like Sanchez more as a closer I do think he's a good SP for $3. If you want to keep Holland over the Cruz/Rasmus duo of death, I think that's a reasonable thing to do. It's been a week of ST and Holland isn't broken yet.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            I'd still be keeping all 3. I think Sale will be his usual self. I think the Sox have too much invested in Castillo not to get him 450 ABs, so he's worth 6. And while I like Sanchez more as a closer I do think he's a good SP for $3. If you want to keep Holland over the Cruz/Rasmus duo of death, I think that's a reasonable thing to do. It's been a week of ST and Holland isn't broken yet.
                            Well Holland is sort of broken. Hasn't thrown in a game yet due to "minor soreness" in his shoulder.

Comment

Personally I keep Headley over Cruz... who will be in a bigger ballpark and seems a bust candidate (for various reasons)

Comment

Working...
                              X