5.13 Strikers - Luis Ortiz P, Texas
        6.07 Anno Catuli (me)- Marcos Molina P, NYM
        2.15 Magnificent Bastards - Reynaldo Lopez SP, Washington
        2.16 Big Tymers-Spencer Adams SP, CWS
        5.02 Grand Theft Votto - Michael Gettys OF, San Diego

Wow, I guess I liked a lot of pitchers.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewski View Post
          My favorite picks of the draft, aside from the obvious first rounders:

5.13 Strikers - Luis Ortiz P, Texas
          6.07 Anno Catuli (me)- Marcos Molina P, NYM
          2.15 Magnificent Bastards - Reynaldo Lopez SP, Washington
          2.16 Big Tymers-Spencer Adams SP, CWS
          5.02 Grand Theft Votto - Michael Gettys OF, San Diego

Wow, I guess I liked a lot of pitchers.
          And I've gotten to then point where I don't like pitchers unless they have a huge upside, even if they have some injury issue. I just tried to avoid anyone who wouldn't be a #1 or #2 starter eventually. It's just too easy to find fours and fives, even in a league of 18 teams.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            And I've gotten to then point where I don't like pitchers unless they have a huge upside, even if they have some injury issue. I just tried to avoid anyone who wouldn't be a #1 or #2 starter eventually. It's just too easy to find fours and fives, even in a league of 18 teams.
            Can I borrow your #1/#2 starter projection tool? Mine doesn't seem to work very well.

Comment

And the snark runs deep.... Horns merely is exhibiting wariness for sp unless they are top 50 type prospects, not that his "tool" is better than yours, fear not intrepid space traveler.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                And the snark runs deep.... Horns merely is exhibiting wariness for sp unless they are top 50 type prospects, not that his "tool" is better than yours, fear not intrepid space traveler.
                Oh, I know. Horns knows I'm not serious.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                  Oh, Andy knows that my "tool" is better than his!
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

I don't think I've ever had more than one minor league pitcher on my RJEL roster at a time. This year, with my last pick, I grabbed Blackburn simply because he is a Giant and I never have Giants on my team.

I hate all pitchers, even and especially, minor league ones.

Comment

yeah, I decided this year that I wasn't going to draft pitchers, but I ran out of ideas at the end. I had a couple carryovers from last year because as long as I already owned them it was okay, but I doubt I will keep taking more unless they're really close to the majors.

I think other people don't like guys with medium talent but close to the majors (or in the majors) nearly as much as I do. Or Rule 5 picks. I'm not sure why I get so excited about those. I think Canha actually has a future though, I almost picked him up in my NL-only last year.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                      X