RJEL Minor League Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.19 Ozhaino Albies, SS, Atlanta Braves

After Kiley pumped him all the way up to 34 on his list yesterday wasn't sure he'd make it to me. Small size at 5 9" but seems pretty legit as Keith Law also had him at 66.

Comment

2.04 Jorge Mateo, SS NYY and 2.07 Sean Newcomb, SP LAA

80 speed guys are rare especially ones with a hit tool and solid defense. I only have 2d round picks so while I would have waited it didn't make sense in this case since the contract would be the same. With Newcomb, like the size at 6 5", and combine that with power stuff, lefty, good ballpark and low mileage on the arm coming from the Northeast and there is a lot to like.

Comment

Bryan's been up all day, and has posted on RJ a few times but hasn't made his pick yet. Not sure why he hasn't noticed that he's up, but everyone should check both this site and the CBS site. I'm also updating the Google Sheet with picks as they're made.

Comment

gah - sorry! i didn't catch that i was up. will pick shortly.

ETA: i'm finding it really hard to follow the picks on the CBS front page, and not all picks have been posted here, it seems...
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

2.08 Tony Kemp, 2B, Hou
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
              gah - sorry! i didn't catch that i was up. will pick shortly.

ETA: i'm finding it really hard to follow the picks on the CBS front page, and not all picks have been posted here, it seems...
              They're posted on the side panel of the front page, Commissioners Message. Both Ed and I are keeping it as current as we can. And I see that recent picks have been posted individually from the site as well, which helps keep things clearer.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Hey, I've been chipping into the site list as well. Just can't let go

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                  Hey, I've been chipping into the site list as well. Just can't let go
                  LOL...all hands are appreciated. Nice pick with Newcomb, BTW, I just couldn't pull the trigger on another pitcher. Difo was old for his league last year, but the skill-set is too good to ignore...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    They're posted on the side panel of the front page, Commissioners Message. Both Ed and I are keeping it as current as we can. And I see that recent picks have been posted individually from the site as well, which helps keep things clearer.
                    missed that - sorry. also completely spaced that there was a google spreadsheet for it. sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                      missed that - sorry. also completely spaced that there was a google spreadsheet for it. sigh.
                      I know! It's not like it's rocket science! Oh wait.....

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        I know! It's not like it's rocket science! Oh wait.....
                        or projections...

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          LOL...all hands are appreciated. Nice pick with Newcomb, BTW, I just couldn't pull the trigger on another pitcher. Difo was old for his league last year, but the skill-set is too good to ignore...
                          Thanks. I had 4 players targeted in round 2 and so far I'm been able to get 3 with a chance at the 4th in a couple of picks. I thought Newcomb might slide due to the leagues aversion with pitching and worked out.

Comment

I'll update all the morning picks in a few hours...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Bumping again...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

4.08 Derek Hill, OF, Det

Comment

Working...
                                X