Fantasy Baseball pet peeves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Baseball pet peeves.

We discuss a trade. The owner makes a suggestion we come to an agreement. I send the offer through the site and get a rejected offer message!

Post yours here.

Whining about trades between other teams.

/mic drop
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Dumping immediately after the auction.
      I second this.

Closely follow by trade buddies. Not collusion per say but 2 people who trade all the time - and you can't get a peep out of them when you talk trade.

Comment

Guys who never respond to trade offers. How long does it take to type "No" and hit send?
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

LOSING! Unfortunately I do it frequently.

Seriously
          Guys who do not turn in their keepers in time and I do not mean by a few hours guys that are late by a few days or a week. The commish does nothing about it because he's a nice guy or maybe he is afraid the guys will quit.
          Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
          Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

In our league, all owners voluntarily send me keeper lists by about 24 hours before the deadline. I format 'em, and they can make any changes they like right up until the deadline (including making trades). If someone wants to go shock and awe by keeping a 45-unit Brandon Phillips (or dumping a 1-unit Ruben Tejada, lol), well, they can make the move a minute before the deadline. The other owners will all find out the surprise within 5 minutes of when I did, as I send out the keeper lists.

Meanwhile they don't have to worry about being the jerk who missed the deadline.

EDIT: Oops, this is the "pet peeves" list. Please move this over to the "Pet Peeves Solutions" thread.

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              In our league, all owners voluntarily send me keeper lists by about 24 hours before the deadline. I format 'em, and they can make any changes they like right up until the deadline (including making trades). If someone wants to go shock and awe by keeping a 45-unit Brandon Phillips (or dumping a 1-unit Ruben Tejada, lol), well, they can make the move a minute before the deadline. The other owners will all find out the surprise within 5 minutes of when I did, as I send out the keeper lists.

Meanwhile they don't have to worry about being the jerk who missed the deadline.

EDIT: Oops, this is the "pet peeves" list. Please move this over to the "Pet Peeves Solutions" thread.

We should have a what burns your ass commissioner thread!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
                I second this.

Closely follow by trade buddies. Not collusion per say but 2 people who trade all the time - and you can't get a peep out of them when you talk trade.
                This is mine
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
                  I second this.

And when you ask them why they didn't tell you or the rest of the league about a player being available, they say "I was just in a hurry to get a deal done and took the first offer." Meanwhile, they are the one who proposed the trade.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                    Guys who never respond to trade offers. How long does it take to type "No" and hit send?
                    forever.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      forever.
                      lol....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595[/ATTACH]
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

I really dislike people moaning and complaining about bad trades. As long as there is no collusion and the players were all available to everyone and the owners pay their fees, I don't think anyone has the right to complain. Ironically, we can't evaluate the trade until often years later and it always seems to me that the whiniest complainers are often part of the worst trades. It's one thing to think a trade is bad (I often do) but it's a totally different -and much more base- thing to lower yourself to bitch about it.

I don't like robust trade restrictions.

I don't like leagues that have so many crazy little rules. Simplify.

I think it's sad that CBS is the go-to stat service and it really is so very lame, and to like it, you really have to tell yourself that a lot of things that you might like to do in your league (waivers, contingency FAAB, seeing your whole roster on one fraking page) really don't matter at all.

I hate all pitchers.

I don't like the AL.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                          I really dislike people moaning and complaining about bad trades. As long as there is no collusion and the players were all available to everyone and the owners pay their fees, I don't think anyone has the right to complain. Ironically, we can't evaluate the trade until often years later and it always seems to me that the whiniest complainers are often part of the worst trades. It's one thing to think a trade is bad (I often do) but it's a totally different -and much more base- thing to lower yourself to bitch about it.

This^

and the fact that people won't respond to e-mails or texts. I becomes a hassle for the commish (me) to contact everyone because I wind up making several time consuming phone calls.

Comment

Sort of related to what others have mentioned, but the deadbeat owner is pretty annoying as well. I get that we all have lives but there's a reason you've never won Mr. Deadbeat Owner.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Sort of related to what others have mentioned, but the deadbeat owner is pretty annoying as well. I get that we all have lives but there's a reason you've never won Mr. Deadbeat Owner.
                              A phenomenon in one of my leagues is the Deadbeat Owner Who Wins Anyway. This is a guy who never responds to trade offers and rarely FAAB's anyone, but his team consistently makes the playoffs regardless. We've got two original owners in one of my leagues that's been around about 12 years or so, and they fit this column. No clue what to do with them either.

Comment

Working...
                              X