Traded Belt--Did I make a mistake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traded Belt--Did I make a mistake?

There was a lot of early interest in Brandon Belt. I cracked under the offers and went with Dexter Fowler and Jameson Taillon for Ankiel and Belt. I don't need a CFer, but I do like Fowler and I hope to be able to flip him down the road if/when he starts hitting.

I'm a big Belt fan, but as a lefty in SF I worried that he is only a 20 homer guy, and I worry that with Huff's fielding, they might send Belt down this year. Taillon isn't going to help me any time soon, but he's a good trade chip.

In a keeper league you made a mistake
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Yeah, I agree with Hammer...Belt reminds me a lot of Joe Mauer, with more power. I think in a few years he's going to be a consistent .300/25/100 guy, with an OBP near .400. And I think that chances of him being sent down are about 10%...he's too good defensivly, and the Giants are committed to starting a bit of a youth movement.

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      There was a lot of early interest in Brandon Belt. I cracked under the offers and went with Dexter Fowler and Jameson Taillon for Ankiel and Belt. I don't need a CFer, but I do like Fowler and I hope to be able to flip him down the road if/when he starts hitting.

I'm a big Belt fan, but as a lefty in SF I worried that he is only a 20 homer guy, and I worry that with Huff's fielding, they might send Belt down this year. Taillon isn't going to help me any time soon, but he's a good trade chip.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

It doesn't really sound like a sell high. I like Fowler a lot and he should be a bit more of a sure thing, but if the hype machine is really in full effect you should get more (I just offered up Belt/Verlander/EJax for Pujols in a mixed league)

Comment

If he's to be believed, I could have gotten Pujols for Belt and Haren, so I guess I did pull the trigger too early. I offerred Freeman and Haren just now, but he balked and just sent Pujols to a rival for Carlos Zambrano, Wil Myers, and Chapman. I can't believe Pujols was dumped this early. I guess I should have shopped around. I underestimated the love for Belt. I hope Fowler pans out big time to salvage the deal.
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-08-2011, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Yeah, you could come out ahead with Fowler, but perception is so high with Belt.
            If this is mixed, I assume Ankiel is fungible. Taillon indeed could be a nice chip, but less so if mixed.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              Yeah, you could come out ahead with Fowler, but perception is so high with Belt.
              If this is mixed, I assume Ankiel is fungible. Taillon indeed could be a nice chip, but less so if mixed.
              Yeah, it is a 14 team mixed league with 30 man rosters. Ankiel was a throw in I had no room for. Short term, I'm hurting on the OF with Hart, Sizemore and Stanton out. Ankiel did fill in nicely for week 1, but he's just replacement level in this league.

Comment

Working...
              X